Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
in issue 14 there is a free card station building kit I rather fancy making .Any ideas as to what kind of region or approximate prototype this fine little model would suit .
thank
s

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Rossi and welcome to MRF.

In answer to your question I think it is fair to say it is generic building suitable for a small branch line. With judicious weathering and possibly a change of colurs for the doors and windows it would fit just about anywhere.

Regards

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 17 Jul 2008, 15:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Rossi and welcome to MRF.

In answer to your question I think it is fair to say it is generic building suitable for a small branch line. With judicious weathering and possibly a change of colurs for the doors and windows it would fit just about anywhere.

Regards

thanks for the reply and welcome .I forgot I havn't posted here before .nothing much to contribute I'm afraid .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I´m not sure either.....
Maybe its just a mixture of different locations, If you do use it only use it on small mainline stations or as a branchline station.
I recommend it to people only building a smaller mixed traffic station .
Mat :) ( I´m New too! )

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (rossi @ 17 Jul 2008, 11:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi all
in issue 14 there is a free card station building kit I rather fancy making .Any ideas as to what kind of region or approximate prototype this fine little model would suit .
thank
s
I've looked at the model and some photos of small stations on all regions and think that with a little bit of jiggery pokery it would be possible to make a station to represent any of the regions. I shall be doing this for a small layout that we are building at my local club. One will be ex GWR and the other will be set in Scotland ! I don't think you can get much different than that.

Mike Reed

·
Registered
88 Posts
maybe it will suit my layout. i am currently doing loughborough Great Central so maybe i could use it on mine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Scalescenes station building included with the August issue isn't based on any particular region or location, but as has been suggested here it does have bit of Great Central in it. We deliberately included station signage for all the BR steam era regions so that modellers could choose which region it was based on.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Mike Wild, Ed.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Mike Wild @ 14 Sep 2008, 08:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Scalescenes station building included with the August issue isn't based on any particular region or location, but as has been suggested here it does have bit of Great Central in it. We deliberately included station signage for all the BR steam era regions so that modellers could choose which region it was based on.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Mike Wild, Ed.
could I have the impertinence to ask for a Kent and East Sussex style station ,ala Col Stevens, to be considered for your fine magzine . It would go very nicely with all those Terriers etc..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts