Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't say I remember exactly when the train bug returned but it must have been while I was reading Sam Posey's wonderful book Playing with Trains. When I went to a nearby hobby shop called Euro Rail Hobbies I knew that I wanted to start a new pike but was undecided between Z or N scales. The fact that I could go Digital and that my eyes are not what they used to be tilted the scale so to speak in favor of N. What period and locale would be the next decision but then again it's not really a decision as I am a committed Deutsche Reichsbann fan having lived in Germany for four years.

During the coming weeks and months I will be posting pictures of my small bookshelf layout but for now here is a picture of my station…

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes I like your station, very impressive. Though I model in 00, would you kindly consider in telling me as to where you obtained the passenger figures? shown in your station photograph. Enjoy your day.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Preiser people are great. I buy the 120 figure packs and then my kids paint them. I'll take a few photos to show you haw good they look. They are fine for modern or older layouts, just depends on what style you paint them.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've assembled the base frame for the roundhouse section of my layout using wooden dowels and a nifty little jig I picked up.

The foot pads will allow the base frame to "float" over my bookcase in three parts. Should I ever need to move the layout it can be made free standing with the addition of legs and maybe a little extra bracing though it seems pretting strong as is.

The separate pieces are waiting to be glued and joined. I will cover the base frame with 1/4 plywood with a foam roadbed. The extra holes you see will allow for the under track wiring which will be DCC. There is a small built in desk to the right of the bookcase that will hold the control station and possibly a computer console.

The section of my bookcase in the rear of this picture will include the electrical locomotive maintenance area joined by a station section and the roundhouse steam maintenance area in the foreground. The over all length is 120 inches and is 45 inches at it's widest part. The electrical locomotive section will be built out to 45 x 30 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts