Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
can anyone "point" me in the right direction ??
I am using HORNBY OO Gauge track, but I want a scissors crossing, as they take up far less space than using 4 points.

please can anyone help me, so that I can tell santa where to get 2 or 3 for me ??

·
Registered
99 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 9 Nov 2008, 15:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is this what you're looking for? http://tinyurl.com/5nzk9o
Code 70 No 6 Double crossover(Reference #SDG312)

will my old triang stock accept it ? (code 70 )
will it mix with the HORNBY code 100 ?

but apart from that - yes its what I am looking 4.....

Just seen that they have a code 83 version too ..... will that work ??

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Code 83 is deeper, so will be better for Tri-ang stock. Whether deep enough, I don't know. You need a OO flange expert for that. :) As far as I know you can get adaptor fishplates from Peco. I'm an N-gauger myself, there are others on here who know a lot more about OO than me.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
QUOTE (far-lands @ 9 Nov 2008, 13:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>can anyone "point" me in the right direction ??
I am using HORNBY OO Gauge track, but I want a scissors crossing, as they take up far less space than using 4 points.

please can anyone help me, so that I can tell santa where to get 2 or 3 for me ??

Rocos Old track system(code 100 rail) had a scissors crossover complete with point motors, I use two on my layout.
Watch Ebay! they do come up from time to time.

David

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 9 Nov 2008, 15:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rocos Old track system(code 100 rail) had a scissors crossover complete with point motors, I use two on my layout.
Watch Ebay! they do come up from time to time.

Can you tell me the distance between tracks ??. I am using Hornby Track, so I have a distance of 67mm.......
As I have points already installed for my turntable reducing the spacing is not really an option.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there, for anyone else following this:

I have found another scource :

scissors crossing

the track distance is 50 mm

Hope this might be of help to one of you guys.
For me, the points are just not set in my favor.
I will have to stick with using 4 Hornby points.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts