Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have kit/scratchbuilt British wagons (usually in HO) before but I want to try my hand at some unavailable Russian wagons, in particular the pre 1918 tank wagons. I usually get a chassis the right dimensions and start from there. However none of the British chassis I've used in the past are the right size. The Russian wagons (like other european wagons?) have a wheelbase in HO of 45-ish mm and an overall length of about 75mm. The other Russian 4 wheel wagons I have were bought from a kit maker in St P. and use a chassis by a firm called Rollhouse but all I have been able to find out about them is that they were mentioned as being about to produce chassis back in the early Nineties - nothing after that. I've seen other european wagons with the same wheelbase but not the same overall length (though that is not so important - thats why craft knives were invented)

I don't know anything at all about the European scratchbuilding or kit building in HO scene (assuming there is one) . Who does the equivalent job that firms like Parkside Dundas does here in UK? Who makes kits of wagons or chassis that I can use as a basis for my tank wagons? If no one are there wagons this sizre I can cannibalise chassis off of?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I don't know much about the kits side of European modelling, but will run a ruler over some RTR and see how they pan out.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts