Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone inform me as to what models have been available in the SDJR livery by whom and when
Many thanks
Mike Kingdon

·
Registered
155 Posts
try this.

ebay number 230171530627

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Well Hornby did the 0-4-0T (the infamous "Polly") under running no. 7178. Although fictitious it is quite presentable and with a little effort could pass as one of the lines assorted shunting fleet.

I also seem to recall that Bachmann did one of the S&DJR jinties, and I also have a feeling a 2P was produced, but this could have been a special edition.

If modelling in BR days you have a much wider choice as locomotives used included BR standards, SR pacifics and other tender locos and a huge number of LMS stuff as well.

Regards

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi folks - Hornby did a 2P loco in SDJR colours back in 2002 R2217A according to my records. It looked really good in that livery but in my shop it sold very poorly, possibly because there was nothing much RTR to go with it. One of the big guys might still have some?

David

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (KODIAK BEAR @ 14 Sep 2007, 15:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>try this.

ebay number 230171530627
Same seller has a 2P but the dapol version rather than the hornby one. I think it's the same model which passed to hornby later in life but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (mike kingdon @ 14 Sep 2007, 10:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>can anyone inform me as to what models have been available in the SDJR livery by whom and when
Many thanks
Mike Kingdon
I do not want to purchase any items at present but want to know only what has been available and by whom in the past

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE Hi folks - Hornby did a 2P loco in SDJR colours back in 2002 R2217A according to my records. It looked really good in that livery but in my shop it sold very poorly, possibly because there was nothing much RTR to go with it. One of the big guys might still have some?

Yes they did produce this loco and it looked great. What Hornby did next was unforgivable, they deleted the pick-ups off the front bogies and only collected current off the two driving wheels. You can guess what a great runners these 2P's became, especially with the plastic motored tender drive. The only hope for this model is to fit a Bull Ant motor in the tender, or to build a Comet chassis, for both the loco and tender, with lot's of current collection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts