Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello sirs,

I am a newbie modeller just passed my 3 lovely years.

QUOTE Neil said :For those who don't know Abd does some excellent modelling of Turkish places, in particular Ephesus is absolutely brilliant

Thanks mr.Neil I choose the modelling place selcuk train station was built in beginning of 1900 very famous with stone buildings

Selcuk a small train station town next to Ephesus well known antic city of the B.C

I planned design in one side exactly9meters x 4 meters layout with DC system most probably using with TILLIG rails.
In the final I manage with ECOS commander both system.

In this plan I try to do exactly 1/87 copy of the station and the environment with part of antic city ephesus and a mountain village very famaous with old houses in the years of 1960's

I was in the region and took abot 500 pictures for use
during modelling.

For Turkey This will be the first strong modeltrain project.

In the final I Hope rivet counters will satisfy during stone counting of the houses.

Here down some main pictures from works
regards
a.usta

selcuk train station

antic city Ephesus

stone warehouse

The last one is test mini layout for exercise before ballasting of the rails in the project which is my nightmare.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
A lot of newbie's arriving to MRF lately

Abd is my mentor and one of the leading figures in Turkish modelrailroading. A 250 sq meter layout and a dedicated Maerklinist.
However this new project of his is all 2 rail and will be one of its kind when completed.Hopefully to be seen by the public when completed in Dortmund.

Baykal

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hello
Continue to built the road and underground way across side of station as showen in the plan

Underground way almost completed I made a mirror at right side
for monitoring the narrow tunnel

regards
a.usta

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Words fail me! Just inspiring.

Regards

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE there's a few drain covers on SL that lack a little detail !

I was wondering when we'd get a comment like that

When they're done are you going to put some tethered binoculars round the layout so visitors can examine them in detail ?

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 5 Jan 2009, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was wondering when we'd get a comment like that

When they're done are you going to put some tethered binoculars round the layout so visitors can examine them in detail ?

David

I would not want to dissapoint !

Like the idea about the binoculars - just have to wait for BRITHO to get his finger out LOL.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 5 Jan 2009, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was wondering when we'd get a comment like that

I was expecting it - no surprise there then!

Regards

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good days

After a long time I continue my layout with an operational
signal house inside will be donate by the faller accesories
Aim for this building

1-Control table with green-red-yellow lights
2-An open window wings
3-Furnished inside of the rooms

Than I will continue with the signal accesories joined the rails and house

I produced required resin moulded

roof prepared from Balsa and resin roof cut in 6 pieces

first painted with Dark blue color for light proof.
Later white color applicated for preparation main color dark yellow and grey after 1 day waiting for drying.

regards
a.usta

1 - 20 of 360 Posts