Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow forum members....
My particular request really does not fit in to any of the normal catagories?

But never the less i hope very much their maybe some help /advice out there...
If i may explain....I have just purchased a very cheap station clock(reproduction) and for something made in china...for little money it really is not to bad at all...in fact so impressed am i..i am getting the wife to buy me another....

I intend with the second clock to change the 2 faces Lettering..which in the case of these clocks reads..
"Central Station" Terminal New York...the clock is mounted on a nice bracket..as two working faces quartz movement..not a bit of plastic anywhere...all for £8.00! in Norway where i live now..quite amazing as norway is the third most expensive place on earth according to the u.n. and my wallet!

I have been in touch with a few Railway Clock experts..but they were unable to help....i asked them if they new of any source of Self adhesive lettering that could be made up with my choice of words & style..to replace the above?i thought some raised lettering with an enamel look would look very good...and i have looked at one or two of the modelling transfer companies like Fox Transfers..but have not got in touch yet..untill i had investigated a little further..and see if anyone on the forum was aware of any company producing Railway style lettering? which may be suitable for my clock faces...the current letters are around 8 cm tall..Each.......so anything around there..would be fine..but the stickers would need to cover the excisiting lettering so would have to come pre.made on a sheet..and applied over the text...

hope you can help..all the very best & many thanks
regards
steve

·
Registered
352 Posts
Have you tried a sign company? I used to work for one and we did all sorts of one off works, they will make either vinyl or perspex lettering to your requirements, and could produce a new clock face, but beware it will probrably cost a lot more that the £8 you paid for the clock

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,
many thanks for getting in touch,much appreciated....yes a sign company would be the obviouse..i used to work for one to...

But i was thinking more of companies who produce railway style transfers..which i doubt the sign companies could reproduce at the small size.

all the best Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts