Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Unfortuneately there is little interest in Trix twin these days as it will not run on anything other than Trix twin track and there are only about 200 collectors of Trix twin worldwide and they already have complete collections.

Only mint and boxed stuff has any hope of selling as collectors do want to improve on existing items held.

I am surprised by the high valuation you were given as I can buy shedloads of the stuff for £100 to £200 but it takes up so much storage space I don't bother and I cannot sell the stuff on.

For those who want an incredibly cheap and massive start up with loads of track and trains and who are not bothered about apearance then I would recomend picking up an old Trix twin collection as you will get a massive amount for your money. You won't be able to run anything else though but Trix twin. Ideal for the kids perhaps?

Sorry if I appear so blunt but if you value the trains (if they work) at about £10 each average, the wagons and coaches at about £2 each average and the track at about 5p per item and 25p for points then that would be a good guide.

Did the professionals valuing the collection make you an offer?

Its one thing to value a collection but another thing entirely to part with hard cash!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I have noted that this has been added to the listing since my reply:-

QUOTE **We have uncovered a lot more than we first realised after putting it all together, it appears there are about 4-5 bin bags of track plus 20+ packets of track. There are 20+ Loco's and a lot of carriages of all different types and some original boxes for this collection.

It does appear that the Ebay sale is now heading towards the item valuation made above!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
The bidding for the collection reached £487 (reserve not met) against a buy it now price of £1000.

I would go back to the valuer and ask him if he would be prepared to make you a cash offer for the collection somewhere between his valuation and the highest bid on Ebay.

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts