Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Some additional rolling stock for German 1960's tourist trains.

Two of this lima Bc4umg-53 Sharnow Reisen epoche IV, to be resprayed to Ral 6007 bottlegreen for Epoche IIIb.

A Rivarossi DB epoche III Bc4umg-54, to be resprayed in Ral 5011 steel blue for Epoche IIIa/b.

And sumewhere the holiday makers can relax and eat, Fleischmann DSG WR4ue-35 dining car.

Not much to do on the Rivarossi green DB epoche III Bc4umg-54 without side skirt.

Regards
David

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
QUOTE (tonkatoy @ 6 Jan 2017, 12:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello,

Roco 72208 BR03.10 03 1021 - speechless on this one, I'm a lucky boy.
Now spending some happy interweb time tracking down the coach numbers which is starting to become a bit of an obsession in itself.
Cheers

Lovely loco! I have the same sentiment as you, if I can be of help in anyway, please let me know, Fzug are one of my passions too. Piko are offering some more classic coaches this year

Here is a film featuring a DB BR 38 days work on Youtube.

As a bonus a DB BR 03.10 is seen passing with an Express train at 7:12.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI7YcKRzxmE

Regards
David

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
QUOTE (tonkatoy @ 10 Mar 2017, 19:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Reddo, ref the above, in the photo below on the left is a Touropa from set 44099, purchased from Victors in Pentonville Road in about 1999/2000. On the right, a coach from 64187.
Dunno if you can see from the photo but in the plastic the newer coach has a more purple hue to it, nothing too drastic in the difference, in fact I think it actually adds a bit of variation and interest to the rake. The new coach has a more textured finish to the roof, the windows have a gold finish to the inside framework and (unfortunately) the wheels are a lot shinier. The silver TOUROPA insciptions on the sides are the same for both coaches.
Social history time - 44099 has still got the price tag from Victors - 3 coaches for £98.87...

Hi,

Touropa coaches did not have the 2 (second class) markings nor the smoking signs displayed, I have never come across any prototype coach so marked!
The DB owned coaches in the same colours as the Touropa cars are correct with the class and smoking signs.

Regards
David

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hi Ian,

Yes but not until the late 1960's.

The images of company coaches are all in the same train seen in Essen in 1968.

All photograph courtesy rolwie from Wagonlits forum.

There are also dsg sleeping cars and dining cars, you will notice blue sleeping car from wagenlits, but at this time you could mix all the company cars together.

Best Regards
David

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hello Ian,

All the photographs are of couchette coaches.

Sorry I am not aware of the coach in blue and beige, but LS Models did make it in the TOUROPA blue epoche IIIb (H43020) livery, these coaches are the 1960 rebuild of the original 1953 Bcumg.

The first train on this video is a tour operators service which contains two of the coaches, the models have sold out, but do come up on ebay from time to time.

http://germanrail.fr.yuku.com/topic/6873/R...st#.WONj_vmLQ2x

Please note the first coach which is the correct colour of a series of DB couchette coaches, available from Rivarossi (ebay)

If you have any more questions, please ask.

Regards
David

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hello Andy,

The newer Piko models are very well made, the BR 82 is a DB standard loco of post 1945 build.

Very nice model, even on par with the Model loco kit.

Regards
David

1 - 20 of 24 Posts