Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
A few more kits have arrived and some coaches in the background. Canopies to add to the Faller ones I have to extend the station area and the crne for the woodmill /pallet factory area.

I was looking at those same Kibri platform kits the other day and I rather like them. Have you had a chance to build one yet?

I'm wondering what the width of the platform is to see if i need to make a track adjustment before laying roadbed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have my roadbed on order and Auhagen station, platform, platform figures and accessories, and a walk-over on order too.

I wanted to get these structures ordered so I could adjust track spacing as necessary before the roadbed goes down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was finally able to order my very first European locomotive and a couple of carriages.

This is the 2143 of the ÖBB and two Era III cars. I would have gotten something from Era IV or V, but no one on this side of the Pond has anything in stock. It's just as well. These are more or less for a tour line branch in the low Alps and using retired coaches would make sense.

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 13 May 2018, 03:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>6991 - I know those regions very well thanks to my wife also who is always pushing me to do walking on the weekends...as you say the scenery will be stunning.

Michael - that is a really nice loco - very different front end. Is it Roco?

Yes sir, that is all Roco. I'm finally ordering the DCC system today. The NCE Powercab system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really like the ÖBB NightJet coaches. I just saw one of my retailers getting those in stock and thought about purchasing those.

Instead, I bought two of the Roco 2nd Class coaches for DB to add to my existing DB consist.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is my BR.120 by ACME in Italy. It's a very smooth runner with controlable cab lighting, bright headlights, and very good detailing.

I have installed an ESU 21 pin sound decoder that works very well with this model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Another recent purchase is this Roco Ã-BB 1014, a sister locomotive to the 1822 Brenner Loks. This is also a smooth and silent runner, but the headlights are so dim and tiny you can't tell if they are on or off under strong room lighting. Since there is no sound file available for this locomotive, I opted for a Viessmann standard NEM652 decoder. The highlight of this decoder is the extremely smooth and slow stopping and starting the decoder provides. The stopping distance is incredible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had none either before this purchase but they are a quality brand I've found out. Detailing is very good; rivet-counter quality actually.

Looking forward to seeing your new locomotive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a Roco Br.111 on consignment from Reynauld's in the States. It is probably the same drivetrain as your 151 and it too is a smooth runner. My Br.111 had the eight-pin NEM 652 socket so I popped an ESU decoder in it. It performs really well.

You might want to get a new set of tyres for it. Mine threw one about six months after arrival. No telling how old it was.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is the first time I've seen Piko's Hobby Line. It's not a bad looking locomotive, but you are right in that there is much detail lacking. Hey, if it pulls the train though and looks good at three feet, what the heck.

My Roco Ã-BB three coach set arrived on Saturday to go begind Ã-BB 1014 locomotive. Nice looking coaches and three of the best rollers in the fleet so far. I'd swear these were on roller bearings they roll so nicely. I still have to install the hand grabs and under-carriage details.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When ÖBB 1822 class was used for this service, which paint scheme was used on the coaches? I read that the 1822's were called the 'Brenner Loks' because of them being used to get over and through the pass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts