Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Finally managed to get my hands on one of these. CMX Clean Machine

Results are amazing just with isopropyl alcohol. Some parts of my layout have tighter radius curves so
can anyone recommend a small (ish) but powerful loco to push/pull it around.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
QUOTE (Babz @ 29 Jun 2016, 09:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes They are Quite Chunky, I have not had a chance to Use It Yet As My Final Part of my Loft Exstension Starts on Monday For 2 Weeks, I will be covering up all My Baseboards And Boxes with my Stock in. When I get Track Up and Running I understand a Roco BR218 Will do the Trick Or V200/220 Very Strong LOk.
I like the Look of your Layout Do you have a Plan To Share and More Photo's of your Layout Would Love to see them. Babs

Thanks for the reply Babs, and your comments, I should have mentioned that I would prefer a steam loco as this is the era I have chosen (1930's/ 40's) but at the end of the day I don't mind, as long as it does the job, if it was diesel it would only be used for the cleaning operation.
My layout is still "work in progress" but I would be happy to upload some photos of it if your interested, what part of the forum would be best for that.
ps From what I've seen of your purchases, you will need a lot of sheets to cover it all up
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
[quote name='Adrian Ross' date='2 Jul 2016, 23:18' post='476601']
Hello,
I'm assuming that this is the recently released version?

Hi Adrian,
Yes, from the 2016 New Items catalogue, waiting for the T 10 too. I love a bit of Prussian steam
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Well Babs,
I took you at your word and got this little beauty.. Roco 72773 DB 218 DCC sound. Don't worry, I won't hold you responsible if it doesn't do the job

It's certainly got some weight to it !
I will fit some Kadee couplings to it and see how it goes with the CMX clean machine. I'm not really into diesel but its got some nice sounds and runs really well, and smooth at slow speed.
Unfortunately, for the purpose I got it, it wont go around the whole layout, its still to long to go around 2 tight radii on the uppermost level of the layout, so I'm still in the market for something strong,
but with a bit shorter wheelbase, any suggestions please.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi all,
Latest addition

Fleischmann Prussian P4 (413673) DCC sound + socket for Seuthe smoke generator (so I had to put one in
)
Not sure I'm a fan of smoke, as it doesn't look that realistic. But same as sound, you can always turn it off. I'm looking forward to the day (if it ever comes) when they can fit "Dynamic Smoke" into smaller sized
locos.

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I got these to go with the P4

Fleischmann 515307 3rd class express coach of the KPEV

and the 515308 3rd class express coach of the KPEV, apart from some different markings, the only difference is the tail end markers.

Still waiting for the 515103 1st & 2nd class express coach

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi Adrian,
That's nice

I'll try to do better pics next time
Its hard to get the whole thing in frame and show detail as well

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
HI all,
I've trying to get this one for a while .
Fleischmann 413771 DCC sound Prussian P6

Comes with some nice features, sprung loaded retracting buffers, cab illumination, socket for Seuthe smoke generator (so I'll probably get one
)

Also supplied with a driver and fireman (although you have to fit them yourself.

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Finally got the Fleishmann 515103 1st and 2nd class express coach of the KPEV to go with the 3rd class coaches in the earlier post.

Apparently, the LED lighting kits for these coaches aren't available until the end of the year
so I've put a reservation in for them with modellbahn-shop lippe.

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Trix 22261
Ever since travelling on the ICE in Germany a few months back I have wanted to get a dcc sound model of an express train to show my grandson who was very impressed with the videos I took of said ICE.
Dcc sound models of the ICE are as rare as rocking horse poo at the moment, but also I felt it would be too modern for my steam era layout.
Then a few weeks ago I received a flyer advertising the Trans Europe Express and immediately fell in love with its art deco (if that's the right term) lines, and as this was about in the mid to late fifty's would not
look too out of place, so I ordered one.
Received it from Germany a few days ago and was very impressed with the quality. Most of the coachwork is metal, and it has some good sound and light features.

I have added some passengers and crew.

I got some video editing software the other day and thought this would be a good practice run. (Its a bit rough round the edges I'm afraid)

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/MSBV3m7XGtc?rel=0

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Thanks reddo,
I couldn't find a current (that anyone had in stock or could order) DCC sound ICE, other than the Pico version, which I wasn't too keen on, and as said, the Trans Europ Express fitted the bill better.

Just received this set of Fleischmann Prussian 2nd to 4th class passenger coaches.
They are eagerly awaiting the arrival (hopefully soon) of the Fleischmann T10 KPEV (404673) to haul them around the tracks

I have got, but yet to fit, the lighting kits for all five coaches.

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Thanks for the comments everyone.
I have certainly been impressed with the Trix purchases, the weight and quality of that loco is very good, sounds great and I liked the fact that the smoke generator has its own function on/off ,
(don't know if that is the norm) I know some members don't like smoke so much and its nice to be able to turn it off, I have always been a devotee of Fleischmann (and if they had an Orient Express set I would
probably have gone with that, but could not find one), but the few Fleischmann locos I have with smoke added, it has to be turned on and off with the lights

The coaches are impressive as well and once I get some passengers in them, will look even better.
Hi redo, thanks for the nod, but I am already aware of that set and Pierre Dominique has it much cheaper, so I may be tempted, even though their shipping process was a bit of a let down, I got the 24795 set
eventually

The 22183 BR 18.1 came from A & H , it was the last one he had, and they seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo at the moment

Kind regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi all,
I've had this on reservation for some time. arrived today. Fleischmann 404673 DCC sound.

T.10 of the K.P.E.V.

Nicely detailed tank loco with very nice sound. Another addition to my Prussian fleet

Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi all,
Recently taken delivery of these...

Roco 64187 set of 4 DB Touropa's

They are eagerly awaiting (as am I
) the arrival of a Roco 72271 class 85 007 to haul them around the layout.
This loco is listed as having "Dynamic Smoke", so can't wait to see it in action.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Thanks for your comments John, as Babz says, the BR85 is a way off yet, I have it on reserve at MSL and they state delivery as week 27, but as soon as I get it I will upload a video of her in action.
Regards
Alan

1 - 20 of 112 Posts