Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
That Dutch double-decker looks great, I was just looking at it in one of the catalogs. I was watching these huge yellow train sets come and go for hours last year at the main Amsterdam train station.

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 20 Aug 2016, 07:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can relate to that. BTW - do you know of any manufacturer (Liliput?) that makes the (BLS?) doppel-stock that is shown behind the Gottardo loco in my top picture?
Doesn't Roco make those? I know they make the SBB double-deckers, I'm just not sure if they're exactly the ones you're looking for. HAG also makes these (or used to). I remember the train we boarded at Interlaken was a BLS Re460 with SBB double-deckers. We're going there again next month for our annual visit.

Those Tillig container cars look great. I don't know what it is about Tillig but I really like their passenger cars, even more than ACME.

I've always been a fan of the Re460 and when in the region - Chur, Landquart, Interlaken I tend to spend too much time along the tracks with my camera. The OBB loco is a beauty as well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 19 Nov 2016, 00:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fate played a hand with an email from Kramm this morning having an offer on the Roco sets, but a quick check on MSL at a lower price caused a bit of a rake purchase...ah well Xmas will be here soon.
https://www.roco.cc/de/product/230939-0-0-1...2/products.html
Hi reddo, that's a good looking car and I'm wondering if it could be used with the other IC cars made by Roco - 64686, 64687 and 64688. I'm trying to build a train based on my recently acquired Marklin - DB AG 101 MHI 25 Year Anniversary. Any ideas?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Both are fine models and I like the BR 218 a lot, I need 2 of them. I saw a pair with faded, pealing paint sitting at the Nuremberg station in October and they still looked great.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hello, I'm kind of excited and super stoked about my recent purchase. This last weekend I was bidding on some Fleischmann cars which I ended up winning so to fill the box I added some more cars and an analog diesel loco from Roco. The next day after I paid, I recieved an email saying that the loco I chose is no longer available so I went looking for a replacement and found an SBB InterregioCargo Re 4/4 II AC Digital w/sound for less than the analog diesel. I've had my eye on this locomotive since it came out but didn't want to pay the full asking price. This must be my best deal of the year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 20 Dec 2016, 22:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow - that is stunning. Love the detailing on the roof grilles. Is that EpVI livery? Bargain any way you look at it IMHO...

Thanks Reddo, the detail does look really good with the PE wipers and such and it is Ep VI. I'm not that big into freight trains but I found a couple of pics of this loco pulling an EC passenger train so that sealed the deal.

QUOTE (Babz @ 21 Dec 2016, 02:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good Morning Everyone, Nice Elok Pantograf I do not have this one myself But i do like the Livery. Babs
Thanks Babs, I think the rich orange color will stand out in the mostly red sea of modern electrics.

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 22 Dec 2016, 02:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah well, that did it. I noted that Scograil had this on special last night, so with the excellent pictures and the info from 6991 re the Munich connection, order is in.
Couldn't resist, eh, Reddo? I'm glad you were able to pick one up at a good price too. Welcome to the club...

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (Allegheny1600 @ 6 Jan 2017, 04:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Pantograf,
I don't believe either of the prototype companies have any (yet) but in the future, who knows?
The current list of models that Piko will do later this year is: G6 varieties
I've liked them ever since I first saw one!

Sorry it's so dark, night time shot at Hamburg Harburg in September 2013! The only one so far that I've seen but had to have a model. So far, I believe only private industrial users have bought them. Wiki
If you run modern era VI stuff then certainly you can add it!
Cheers,
John.
Great, thanks for the info and pics John. Seeing that there will be a Captrain version later this year sealed the deal. My next Vectron will be the Captrain one from Piko so this will be a good companion.

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 22 Dec 2016, 02:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah well, that did it. I noted that Scograil had this on special last night, so with the excellent pictures and the info from 6991 re the Munich connection, order is in.
Hi Reddo, did you get yours yet? Mine just arrived (took a while, I think they shipped it by a boat) but it's stunner, way better than expected.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, it's done. I just ordered the Roco Touropa set and bought a Roco V200 (AC), now I just have to wait for Liliput's DSG dining car to complete the consist. This was totally unplanned and I blame the pics...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts