Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very nice set of coaches John, hope you find the buffet car soon.

Spiele Max seem to do quite a few exclusives for the DR but so annoying that they won't ship outside of Germany or Austria, I think the message about working on overseas postage has been there for ages,
Best wishes,
Simon

·
Registered
252 Posts
Alan, I've had a couple of occasions when the MSL website doesn't list a new item so you can reserve it but if you message them through the website, they'll add it for you and then you can reserve it.

The DR BR 02 201 looks stunning

·
Registered
252 Posts
The BR 232 is indeed in the old DR colour scheme. One interesting thing about this one is that cream band on the side is narrower than at the front and back. This was done as a cost saving simplified colour scheme as previously the band was the same width as the front and back. In the late 90’s and early 2000’s these loco’s were cascaded down to being used with two coach local trains on many occasions,
Best wishes,
Simon

·
Registered
252 Posts
The parcels that I've had form Germany since the new year, started off in Germany with DHL but were delivered in the UK by Parcel Force. There still seems to be quite a lot of confusion around the new arrangements and the additional charges following Brexit.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The railcar from Piko is very nice, I have the version without sound. I think the trailer is just that and had no controls for driving the train so had to be run around at the terminus. The later trailers were control cars.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Alan Like your latest Purchase of Trix i do like the very Big German Tank Dampf's there isjust something to me that say's They have Great Power. I would really like a set of Silberlinge coaches. Trix does not seem to do a Baggage car or driving Trailer I was thinking along the lines of the Brawa version And having my V200/220's Hauling them, complete with lighting of course. Enjoy. Babs
I think the Brawa version is the best available but they tend to sell out quite quickly as they are much in demand. I opted for the Piko version, the roof ribs are a bit heavy and the hand rails moulded on but I got them for a good price. The Trix two coach set is a special set designed to represent one of the short cross border workings between East and West Germany, I think these services were introduced on a number of routes following an improvement in cold war relations in the 70's, possibly after the signing of the Helsinki accord. The Trix Silberlinge is I believe under scale length. I have the Trix BR95 and it's a fine beast of a loco

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Alan Thank you When i lived in Germany i used to travel in Green Coaches just like them IIRC. They were not very comfortable.Love the Br78 with sound and smoke.
Yes, I'd agree that they aren't too comfortable on a long journey, when first introduced, the Silberlinge were used on some long routes too, including the interzonal trains. One route was Chemnitz to Cologne!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Did they expect people to ride for the whole length of the route?

The reason I ask is because we have a very long tram route near us in Melbourne (about 23 km), but it was never intended or expected that people would ride the whole length of the route, but rather, they would only do local trips along shorter sections of the route. Out of curiosity, my wife and I have ridden the whole length, and after more than an hour and a half on fairly hard, uncomfortable seats, it is not something I would recommend. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's a good question, it was certainly intended as a long distance train, D1450. Doubt many people would have done the entire route but would likely have involved some lengthy stretches. They were also used on the Hamburg to Berlin interzonal trains too

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Silberlinge coaches should indeed look great behind your V200/220.

Just to clarify, the Trix 02 is a different locomotive to the Roco 02. The Roco one is 02 0201-0, which was formerly 18 201 before the renumbering. The Trix one is 02 0314-1, formerly 18 314 and a different beast altogether, although it was also a VEM-M Halle test locomotive. The model looks superb, as does the Roco 02 too

·
Registered
252 Posts
Simon Thank you for that info , I had not realised they were different and that makes the Trix one even more special. Thank You. Babs
The history of both locomotives is quite complicated and was a result of the DR's need for a fast locomotive to run tests on the newer coach designs being produced.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not long ago, I saw a video about MSL and apparently they do test the locomotives before sending them out, they obviously didn't pick up the issue with this 02.
Hope the issue gets sorted quickly Alan

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Piko Y wagen are very good, I’m hoping they will produce more versions next year. The only thing I’d question is why they did the Mitropa sleeper with a silver roof

1 - 17 of 17 Posts