Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
After reading all of the good posts regarding the touropa set I have gone and ordered one.Also ordered
the new BR85 to go with them.After seeing the video of this lok I think they will sell out very quickly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE (Allegheny1600 @ 9 Mar 2017, 21:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thank you, Kind Sir!
Merely the result of being a lifelong model railroader who has followed many different forms of the hobby for some 40 years or so!
Enjoy the show and with Kadee's, just get a pack of each: 17 (shortest), 18 (longer), 19 (longer still) & 20 (longest). These are the only ones with the "swallow tail" or NEM 362 compatible end, all the other maze of Kadee's are really designed for the American outline market. However, if you did want to standardise on Kadee's and a vehicle has no 362 socket, there are ways around this.

Excellent!
Good for you, I hope you can share it with us when it arrives. When I was a kid, travelling throughout Europe in the seventies, we had friends from Toowoomba, how's the place doing?
Cheers,
John.
Hello John I have been here for just over 12 mths and love it.I think the population is approx. 180,000 now and still going.
They have a very good train club that I only discovered a couple of weeks ago.The club has a show coming up in May so i'll
be going to that.By the way what part of town are your friends from?

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE (Anthony566 @ 10 Mar 2017, 00:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have never posted in this part of the forum before and was looking around today and remembered that I had purchased a HO loco some time back so thought I would post it here as I think it is stunning and the photo does not really do it any justice ..

Wow what a nice looking set.Certainly would stand out on any layout.What brand is it

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE (6991 @ 29 Mar 2017, 12:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Kedumba,
Brilliant, sounds like the make up is consistent across the sets. Thanks for the info.
Now see if you can get the handrails on....

PS The writing on the coach body gives the wagon id and Bahndirektion. Indeed its 3x Hmb and 1x Esn
On the underframe it gives the Heimatbahnhof (home station) on a little white square, you'll find on this it is 3x Hamburg Altona and 1x Dortmund Hbf.
Sorry I was bit late replying but daughter had some trouble with the floods.Looking at the
frame I have the same as you.It would be interesting to know if any other aussie members
who have or will receive these carriages have the same as us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts