Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
QUOTE (Babz @ 27 Nov 2015, 22:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Adrian thank you for that, I do have the Trix loco. I will check thank you. Over the Last few years i have steered mostly towards Swiss As i am fascinated by there unusual Elok's. I spend a lot of time In Luzern and i am alway's traveling around by train I love the Double Deckers. Babs
Two of my favourite Swiss things. I have great memories of visits to Lucerne including "fasnacht" and an eight coach IC2000 set lurking on my layout.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
QUOTE (tonkatoy @ 26 Dec 2015, 19:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well there you go, I did have a fiddle about on YouTube so I'm not quite sure what resulted in it working.
I edited the post to fix the reference. There was too much data. All you need is the stuff after the =. No need for the https.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
I need something for my recently purchased Roco 1216 Taurus to haul. Having spent several holidays in Innsbruck I would like to recreate a train from that region. So I've watched several youtube videos of rail traffic at the Brenner Pass and have decided on a container train. Whilst I am not sure whether DBAG wagons are part of the train, you do see plenty of these SAE containers, so that's enough for me.

By lucky coincidence, Roco have planned some appropriate container wagon releases in the next twelve months, enough to reach my maximum train length.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
My two purchases this month are quite a contrast to Adrian's as my interest in HO International is in the "here and now".

These are the latest additions for my Brenner Pass freight train. Both are new releases from Roco. The pocket wagon has a humongous number of bits most of which I have not fitted for the time being.

You don't need too many of these to create a respectable looking train.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
I haven't visited the museum but I did get some photos of their stock from the multi-storey car park by the railway station on the other side of the line. I put them in this blob entry

The town itself is well worth a visit and claims the most complete city wall in the country.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
I got this for a good price in a toy shop in Innsbruck last summer. I have only just got round to fitting a decoder:

For those who think I have rather too many Re460s, I would point out that this is an Re465

The latest Roco 2016 release of double pocket wagons appeared in the shops last month and one is now on the end of my growing Brenner Pass train:

I often see LKW Walter's trucks on the road but I had not known until now that they have such bright roofs:

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
It has never been possible to upload videos to the Forum. It is recommended that you upload your video to youtube and post the link. There is a way to embed youtube videos but I can't find the topic with the full instructions just now.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
From your comment "image box" I would say that was where the problem lay. Either use the icon to the left to enter a http link or click the drop down box and select add YouTube which helpfully reminds you just to enter the text after v=.

I look forward the videos

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
This month's wagon purchase is from Tillig, my first model from that company. I chose it because it has a tanker container. The wagon livery is OBB Okombi which is a change from the AAE plain grey. Although both loads are containers, closer inspection shows that the orange wagon is actually a pocket wagon. This brings my complement of wagons up to 5. The total train length is just over 7 feet which is about my limit in the storage loops but I do like these wagons...

This second item is a Roco 1144 limited edition model (sound) which is/was on special at MSL at the moment. I did some research online to see if locos in this livery were seen working on the Brenner Pass - hence my youtube clip a week or so ago. One of the clips from 2012 showed an 1144 in this livery working a train up the pass. You can't really model freight on the Brenner in this era without an 1144 or two. When I get round to it and match the speeds of the Lok Taurus and 1144, I'll put them to double heading the freight.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
I am resolutely keeping my fingers away from the buy button for that Re460! My collection of them is quite large enough already.

Sticking with the Gottardo theme here is a video I came across last week on how the vinyls were applied for the Credit Suisse Gottardo 2016 loco:

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/gRR9GPddj2g?rel=0

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
The double decker carriages in your photo are SBB IC2000 stock. They have been available from Roco & Hag over the last 10 years or so. I think Roco has issued two series of the cars so far, the second maybe last year or the year before. I couldn't find any on the MSL website. I did find them on Roco's site where they are listed as not currently available. They seem to popular and sell out quickly. If you want some, start saving as they are not cheap but they are very nice.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
If you want a sound ICE keep an eye out for the Fleischmann Velcro set. If you watch the MSL website be aware that they are not in the category you would expect. Judging by the "new in shop" listing they seem to come into stock about every six months or so.

Check the scale on the Piko version. I'm not sure that is full length.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
Getting hold of earlier ICE trains is more difficult and you do have to watch the scale as some the older models are 1:100 rather than 1:87. I get the impression that shorter carriages which "R2 friendly" were common in earlier years. If you're after a trans national ICE 2, you have to watch out for the model with the extra pantographs as well. Tricky stuff

I was at Gaugemaster too but managed to keep my hands off my wallet as I searched through that stack of discounted stuff. I was sorely tempted by the Roco ZVV doppelstock train pack but I really don't need it. I did buy some DCC Concepts stainless steel rail when I found that it fitted C&L chairs...

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
Patience and vigilance is rewarded - these two deep well wagons from Rocky Rail arrived at MSL in the last week or so and now they've reached me

If you look closely you will see that the trailer is a different design to the one produced by Roco. It's nice to have some variety and both types and these particular trailers can be seen in videos of Brenner Pass freight in recent years.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 10 Dec 2016, 15:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice - and very timely David. I saw a huge consist of these when I went up to Berlin last week...

I think you are going to cost me a few $$$ this weekend David...

Sorry about that. I had better not post the short video of the train so far.
It's rather blurred because the auto focus couldn't cope so you're not missing much.

These trains are very wide spread. I saw one at Lund in Sweden during the summer - mostly Samskip trailers with a loco belonging to the Hector company.

One of the freights which often appears in Brenner videos has Lauritzen trailers which are Scandinavian. Closer examination of the other trailers on the train shows them to be from there too, so my guess is that there is a regular working from the far north down into Italy and perhaps beyond.

David

·
Administrator
9,941 Posts
I've always fancied an all singing, all dancing model and with the advent of the ESU Engineering Edition range it became a question of which one would most blend with the eclectic mix I have now. I settled on the BR 265 in Voith livery because:
* It has digital controlled couplings at each end.
* The prototype is an uprated version of the BR 261 suitable for trip working on the main line.
* As it belongs to the manufacturer it gets rented out and so it is reasonable for it to appear in any region - in Germany at any rate.

The models arrived in the stores in mid December and after Christmas I found that I could afford one. So here it is:

The figure on the front is a "mini me" but hopefully it is blurred and badly painted enough for no-one to be able to recognise me
. It's OO scale which gives you an idea of just how big the prototype must be.

I haven't tried the smoke function as you don't get any distillate in the box and I didn't think to order any. It's also possible it cannot be shipped internationally.

It's a heavy loco and it can haul my CMX machine up the gradients on my layout which is what I've bought it for.

The auto uncoupling works well and the wheel squeal on tight radius curves detects kinks in my track laying

The light setting in the photo is "Shunting mode" - hence the orange highlights at the corner steps.

The manual is German only so I've spent some time with Google translate, particularly with the warning section. Most of that is related to the smoke distillate.

David

1 - 20 of 101 Posts