Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

My latest loco purchase was a hand made russian model in H0 of the finnish SR1 electric loco with the number 3001, the first from Soviet Union to Finland delivered SR1 loco in 1973. Totally the Soviet Novocherkassk Electric Locomotive Factory delivered to Finland some 110 SR1 locos and the most of them are still in use! They have been very reliable mainly due to their very robust building and lack of smarter electronics!

I ordered my H0 model from Maksim Dementiev in Russia, a small model builder company.

I also have ordered from Maxim Dementiev some Repin carriages, the train that during the Soviet era (and also still during Russian times) operated between Helsinki and Saint Petersburg (Leningrad):

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Here are pictures by Maxim Dementiev of his H0 scale Helsinki - Saint-Petersburg and my SR1 loco number 3001. That loco was the very first production loco delivered to Finland from Soviet Novocherkassk factory in 1973. Before that they delivered a prototype of SR1 number 3000 but it had many faults, the main problem was the electro-mechanical and poor functioning power regulation. In the following locos it was then replaced by Strömberg ´s (a Finnish company) electronical frequency converters.

This is a cockpite picture of one of our early SR1 locos that I took in Kouvola, the depot of all our SR1 locos. It is still in every day use and it is from late 1970´s.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (Mark Campbell @ 13 Apr 2017, 21:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My latest purchase. Falls into my "interesting to look at" class. You never know, as I get more interested in this hobby I might find something historically accurate to pull them with. Initially I will have to reunite Germany early with my V200 doing the honours.
Hope to start on my outdoor layout next month and get my very limited stock running.

Hi Mark, I also have some Deutsche Reichsbahn carriages. They are in N-scale and made by Piko in DDR:

The two red locos in front of the wagons are of type DR V180, also made by Piko in DDR.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (Allegheny1600 @ 23 Apr 2017, 10:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Magnuken and welcome!
Those are lovely coaches you have there, I make it one six car set and 2 x two cars? Impressive!
May I ask, please? What are those three red & silver centre cab diesels in the lower right of your picture? Something Skandinavian perhaps?
They look most interesting!
Cheers,
John

PS Mark, Reddo - snap!

Those three diesels are Czechoslovakian made T 449.0 ČSD locos. Models made by Piko during DDR times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts