Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Babz - nice to see you picked up those Trix sets from MSL - I cut a deal with my UK supplier so I am hoping they will turn up before Xmas. Nice to have all the info on which Epoch locos would have drawn them. Cheers

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Babz - thanks for asking all the questions that I am thinking at the same time. 6991 and Adrian - thanks for all the replies - very interesting (as usual)

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Or is that 'over-weatherboard'
I was thinking a couple of months back about starting a beer wagon collection of all the beers around me near Munich...

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Nice update. There seem to be some pictures missing or is it just my connection. Your Trix coaches arriving gives me hope mine are on the way (the twin pack has arrived, just waiting on the main pack). I also have a few more items ordered incentivized by the still strong £/Euro rate. Plus it's nearly Xmas :)

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
These arrived this week, seller had two sets - should have bought them both as really nice and will go with my Rivarossi ballast wagons

The loading depot will somehow get placed near the pallet factory on the new frontal extension. Also, the 2x Faller station canopies should be coming down this week

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Babz - agree, those Piko coaches are a very alternative IMHO. Are those SBB coaches full scale length?

Tonka - looks great, I really like those 'inverted window' French locos but I must steer clear or that will be another collecting detour...:)

Have a few on the way which I hope to post just before Xmas. I also ordered several Peco Code 75 electrofrog turnouts and double-slips; found this website

http://www.track-shack.com/cgi-bin/sh00000...%2ehtml#SID=242

which just slightly beats Hattons on price and with free shipping under £100 which helps (Hattons and Rails should do similar IMHO)

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Nice. Will be good when you get some track laid and can run them - not unlike me. I just confirmed a deal on another loco I have been looking for over a year.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I was just re-reading the Fleischmann 2015 catalogue and there is some nice history in there with a focus on Prussian railways

https://www.flipgorilla.com/p/2373543997001...439970015520/12

as well as the train formations on P42 if you download the catalogue (I really like the P4 and carriage formation). I am assuming FL locos are smooth and quiet runners?

The explanation of Prussian classification was of interest and how so many ere subsequently used on the DRG afterwards. Fleischmann are certainly focussed on getting their ROI on the new tooling investment

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Looks great Ian. BTW - what kind of track is that you are using - Roco?

And I like the 'banker' - is it a Trix G4 - if so I just received the KayBay version in green after a lucky find on the Bay incorrectly described.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Very nice (were they on special price somewhere?) - you can always see the extra effort Brawa makes in the detail IMO

The Maggi soup tank wagon makes me feel quite queasy at the thought of the contents :)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
That is so nice - notably the bitumen treatment on the poles. I like your dio setting with the background when taking pictures.

A quick look on ebay.de sees 2x of them; if the pack had included the works (green) wagon), it would have been slightly better VFM IMO

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
V good - can empathise ie when a nice symmetry comes together like that.

I picked up one of the the Vollmer backgrounds also recently in a local model shop (felt I had to buy something out of courtesy).They also had a super Bavarian Maypole kit with etchings and banners (Preiser?)

At 56 euros it is a FAR better proposition...

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Very nice pics and notes. This goes some way to explain why I see the one on the autoroute bridge every time I drive down from Munich to SW France. Cheers

1 - 20 of 203 Posts