Model Railway Forum banner
401 - 420 of 1524 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Adrian,

That set is impressive! I will eventually have a full teak set, but for now have to suffer them being mixed. I will have to investigate the Trix 5-car set, I was trying to find this one on eBay or elsewhere, but have never had any luck: Reynaulds Trix set

While I was getting the link to show you the one I have been after, I found this Trix 2016 set on Reynaulds, but alas, it is already no longer available.
I will eventually find a set and have a beautiful train. Then, I will have to add interior lighting to them all! lol
2016 Trix CIWL set

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got a chance to read through the whole thread and I must say I am envious of all the wonderful models! I get lucky occasionally and find a deal on eBay or the rare European item on Facebook train sale groups, but there is not a lot. Certainly no second-hand meets or storefronts. I was lucky enough to find this KPEV set in Germany. It is pulled by a borrowed Bavarian loco as I do not have a Prussian one. Let's see if my video link works...

KPEV

·
Registered
321 Posts
QUOTE (Adrian Ross @ 2 Nov 2016, 19:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello.

I have a few CIWL, collected from whatever was available.

I'd get the LS Models dining car soon, they won't last. There's a blue baggage car due soon(ish).

bye now

Hi,

Lovely model. LS Models are exceptionally high quality along with ACME; makes the other brands look inferior. I hadn't realised the quality of LS Models until recently when I got an ÖBB Wlab-30 set in N gauge (stunning detail even in N) to fit into my Nachtzug Dacia.

I totally agree with you Adrian advising in getting this coach quickly because once gone it's pretty much gone due to the limited run.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,362 Posts

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (Wolferz @ 3 Nov 2016, 07:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Adrian,

That set is impressive! I will eventually have a full teak set, but for now have to suffer them being mixed. I will have to investigate the Trix 5-car set, I was trying to find this one on eBay or elsewhere, but have never had any luck: Reynaulds Trix set

While I was getting the link to show you the one I have been after, I found this Trix 2016 set on Reynaulds, but alas, it is already no longer available.
I will eventually find a set and have a beautiful train. Then, I will have to add interior lighting to them all! lol
2016 Trix CIWL set

Hello,
Pierre Dominique in Paris have shown the 2008 set in stock for the past 12 months at 529 euros, even with a 'marked' box. It recently disappeared, but they may have just taken it down, so maybe email them about it. They respond to; and in, English. They also have a lot of older Rivarossi coaches. Personally, I'd be trying to get some of the LS Models Cote d'Azur couplages before they disappear. The White egyptian 3-pce sleepers don't seem to be selling that well. An Era II Egyptian loco would be had to find, methinks.

Nor sure about Reynaulds. That set was announced in the 'fall new items' brochure and has been available to pre-order since August, I think.
Either Reynaulds have made an error, or maybe pre-ordering has closed. That set was still showing at other retailers around the world. There will still be sets available after the release, just have your money ready.

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 3 Nov 2016, 23:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone have a recommendation on this and the other LS CIWL coaches ie what would make up a rake from the LS models?

I have the Trix sets in Blue (EpII) but these have the Clerestory roof https://www.reynaulds.com/products/Trix/24795.aspx and https://www.reynaulds.com/products/Trix/24796.aspx

Adrian - I assume this LS 49190 would go with the LS 49130 & 49131coaches you have shown

Thanks for any info.
Hello Reddo,
Yes, I bought the set on spec as they were on special. And yes, I have had this coach on pre-order a while back and cancelled it when the news of Modern Gala's demise come through. The tooling for these coaches were part of what they lost, I think.
IMO they exceed Brawa coaches for detail. The interiors are brilliant. Same goes for the Artitec coach.

49130 - did I type that? I only have the 3 sleepers and the dining car. Mine are both listed as 1930 release IIRC. LS Models issue all these coaches in about four eras: 1930, 1937-49, 1956, 1968. So, if you're not fussed about the eras, you should be able to pick something up. The three coaches have NS; PLM; and FS registrations.

From what I can see LS Models are back in full swing now. They have been releasing all the previously planned models of these steel coaches for the past six months or so, starting with the Egyptian set. Most Euro retailers have something showing.

As to the blue Trix set, they were listed as "1922-1928". I think the history is that the first steel CIWL cars appeared in 1926 on the Fleche D'Or, as Pullman coaches. Cote D'Azur /Train Bleu were next. I read somewhere(?) that the older teak dining cars were painted blue and added to these riviera trains, due to a lack of steel dining cars, until about 1930. I'm sort of regretting not getting the Trix set now, as I think it would be OK to mix them, if that's where you're heading.

ALSO: check Hobbytrain listings, as they quietly filled production planned from about four years ago for their two Era II teak sets.
3-pc of two sleepers and baggage; 2-pc of dining and 3-axle post car. Can't comment on the quality of those.

REE recently did an Era II PLM 231K(?) with 'proto sound'. It's gone now, but there's some later Era versions around.
Nice model from what I see, not sure of REE's history as a loco builder. REE also have Le Capitole sets coming up shortly.

I do go on...

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 5 Nov 2016, 18:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After much research and contemplating of the navel, I ordered these from MSL

http://www.reisezugwagen.eu/?p=25678

http://www.reisezugwagen.eu/?p=25637

Not inexpensive but the quality of the detail and that they have interior lighting swung me.
I may look at matching sets next month when the bank balance recovers...

Hello,
I'm sure that you'll be happy with the quality and level of detail.
In a fit of panic, I just ordered the 49191 (1937) and the 49175 (1949)'.

As you visit Reynaulds, check out the REE 231 Ks. They're not cheap either...

·
What do I put here&#33;?&#33;
883 Posts
Another new 'Yank';

It's a Baldwin, possibly an S-12 - I'm not sure as there was no box but for £23, who cares? (via Anoraks!).
It is a Stewart model, Chinese made and runs really well.
Happy to run it as "Erie" but eventually it may well get an all over orangy-brown scheme for the EJ&E!
Cheers,
John.

·
What do I put here&#33;?&#33;
883 Posts
QUOTE (Adrian Ross @ 5 Nov 2016, 19:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>check out the REE 231 Ks. They're not cheap either...
Ooh!
I don't know about the 231K (probably awesome!) but last Christmas, I got a REE models 0-3-0TU (S100) (Dock Tank!) in H0 scale of course, and it is really lovely indeed. It may end up as either a Greek loco or as a British one, still not made up my mind.
Cheers,
John.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Nice one Cyril. Though I wish they were still run local steam engines from Auch to Toulouse. There is a fantastic map in the Gare de Lyon (IIRC) on tiles which shows all the old branch lines and I can just make out the small station at St Jean Le Comtal. Cheers

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE This is my first purchase for a new-ish train.

Well, I just got from TEE-USA my first Jouef, which is also my first 2-rail digital (DCC).
It's the HJ2321 'femme enciente' -2d2 E540. Expanding both my French stock and my weirdo-electrico stock.
Images will be revealed, one the iphone cable is revealed.

It's the other end of the spectrum from your X73500.

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (Babz @ 4 Nov 2016, 19:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Adrian What a very nice collection you have It must of taken Quite a while to collect. I am sure you enjoy them very much. Babs
Babz, I keep seeing this and then forget to reply. I think I got the first set in 2011, the old McMurklin 42754. The LSModels and Rivarossi sets I got together when try were on special (how unusual). the others are orphans that I've picked up one by one. I have similar set of Mitropa cars.

The new sets of Blue Trix cars are re-appearing now and I'm sorely tempted to get it just to get some baggage cars.

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (Adrian Ross @ 16 Nov 2016, 18:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, I just got from TEE-USA my first Jouef, which is also my first 2-rail digital (DCC).
It's the HJ2321 'femme enciente' -2d2 E540. Expanding both my French stock and my weirdo-electrico stock.
Images will be revealed, one the iphone cable is revealed.

It's the other end of the spectrum from your X73500.

Here it is:

I'm buying some cheap digital 2-railers for (if and) when I join the local club.

Slightly out of time at EP IIIa, but I'm compromising everywhere else. What the hey.

Metal body; lots of separately applied details; some no longer applied; DCC sound decoder; second set of bogies... that's a new one on me.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
Adrian Good Morning, I know what you mean about Weirdo Lok's I am fascinated by the Quirky Eloks of the Swiss Railways very Diverse, You are getting a Nice Collection one way or another. I am at the end of my Budget again for this year so very strapped for cash. Babs

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Hi Reddo, I only have a couple of Items that I would Sell I am more fed up with the Time wasters in the Industry. I have decided to do my own Baseboards now for the Extention. I have this Roco Lok/Dampf With Full Sound And the only reason i am Selling it as i have Three all Together Babs

401 - 420 of 1524 Posts