Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Latest project, Post4-b/21 skirted Liliput/Bachman model, Requires respray to chrome oxide green RAL 6020, inscriptions for Deutsche Bundespost epoch IIIb, from Gassner (coach lettering), Spieth ( Post insignia) and modellbahndecals.de ( coach side external letter boxes).

Rectangle Rolling stock Font Technology Electronic device

Regards
David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Hello Andy,

Yes, not bad for under a tenner!

I do not buy new, second hand can be good, use as a basis and super detail, it's like going back to 1970's modelling.
There are so many supporting detailing parts in Germany, so sourcing parts is not an issue.
Most contact can be in English and Paypal is now being widely accepted.

Enjoy.
Regards
David

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Hello Andy,

I have tried all the control systems with all the bells a whistles and have settled on DC, using the green Fleischmann MSF system, which I find perfect for my needs.
The DC Roco ASC 1000/ 2000 range are good, if you want it a little more refined with the brakes/acceleration and so on!!
Changing all my rolling stock to DCC is not economical and I find all the noise generated can get annoying, I like metal wheels crossing rail joints much more soothing!
But if DCC is for you go for it.

Regards
David

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 30 Apr 2019, 11:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Andy,

I have tried all the control systems with all the bells a whistles and have settled on DC, using the green Fleischmann MSF system, which I find perfect for my needs.

Regards
David

MSF is "Multi Sensi Feinsteuerung" . It enables fine slow speed control in the marked MSF area by means of a continuous transition from half-wave through mixed waves to full-wave rectification.

Thanks to Alan Rees.

Material property Red Font Audio equipment Gas

Regards
David

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts