601 - 620 of 1524 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE Interesting to compare the earlier Roco Touropa release here

http://www.reynaulds.com/products/Roco/64053.aspx

with the newly released set here

http://www.reynaulds.com/products/Roco/64187.aspx

More detail...different colour...raised lettering?

Hi Reddo, ref the above, in the photo below on the left is a Touropa from set 44099, purchased from Victors in Pentonville Road in about 1999/2000. On the right, a coach from 64187.
Dunno if you can see from the photo but in the plastic the newer coach has a more purple hue to it, nothing too drastic in the difference, in fact I think it actually adds a bit of variation and interest to the rake. The new coach has a more textured finish to the roof, the windows have a gold finish to the inside framework and (unfortunately) the wheels are a lot shinier. The silver TOUROPA insciptions on the sides are the same for both coaches.
Social history time - 44099 has still got the price tag from Victors - 3 coaches for £98.87...

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
QUOTE It would be nice in the future to see more European trains running in and out of St. Pancras so we can legitimately run them on our (British outline!) layouts!

Whilst the DB has had a certificate to operate through the channel tunnel since 2013 according to a report in International Railway Journal last week (2nd March) they currently have no short term plans to do so - ie before 2020.

David

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Hi Tonkatoy,
You said...QUOTE Social history time - 44099 has still got the price tag from Victors - 3 coaches for £98.87...
So today, we get 4 coaches, 64187, for 140 Euro which is about 120GBP, so just about no inflation then in 18y or so !!
We are lucky, eh?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Mate,
Mine arrived in NSW last week and I am well pleased. A very well produced set.
Just out of interest, what is the composition of your set? I got three Hamburg-Altona and one Dortmund Hbf, what did you get?
Don't worry about the Br85, just stick a V200 in front, or in fact just about anything. To get to Freiburg, from Hamburg in 1958/9, the train would have had a mix of motive power, probably steam, diesel and electric. E10, V200, 01, 03 probably favourites for this train (although perhaps 39, 41 or even 38 could play a role).
At Freiburg the 85 would take over for the climb up the Hoellental.
To get to the final destination, a variety of locos could be used on Touropa trains e.g. 82 (Murgtalbahn), 85 (Hoellental), 50 (Bodensee) etc etc.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Hi Kedumba,
Brilliant, sounds like the make up is consistent across the sets. Thanks for the info.
Now see if you can get the handrails on....

PS The writing on the coach body gives the wagon id and Bahndirektion. Indeed its 3x Hmb and 1x Esn
On the underframe it gives the Heimatbahnhof (home station) on a little white square, you'll find on this it is 3x Hamburg Altona and 1x Dortmund Hbf.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
QUOTE (6991 @ 28 Mar 2017, 11:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mate,
Mine arrived in NSW last week and I am well pleased. A very well produced set.
Just out of interest, what is the composition of your set? I got three Hamburg-Altona and one Dortmund Hbf, what did you get?
Don't worry about the Br85, just stick a V200 in front, or in fact just about anything. To get to Freiburg, from Hamburg in 1958/9, the train would have had a mix of motive power, probably steam, diesel and electric. E10, V200, 01, 03 probably favourites for this train (although perhaps 39, 41 or even 38 could play a role).
At Freiburg the 85 would take over for the climb up the Hoellental.
To get to the final destination, a variety of locos could be used on Touropa trains e.g. 82 (Murgtalbahn), 85 (Hoellental), 50 (Bodensee) etc etc.

I enjoyed that trip 6991...thanks for posting...:))

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Good Morning Everyone, The New Touropa Sets are very Nice I hope you all enjoy them for many Years. What I do not understand Is they Never seem to Do a Guards Car or do they not run with one. I myself have just Managed to Buy Some more HAG Articles I have been after these for a While

BLs Car Transporter x 4

BLs Car Loader x 2

I am Now only waiting on the RailAlpine Carriage that is coming Later on. I have Plenty of BLs Eloks to Haul Them.

One Last Item I managed to Get another Trix OWL Elok In Ho. Enjoy Babs

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 ·
QUOTE (TheAndrian @ 29 Mar 2017, 11:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Babz,

Those BLS look nice. I've been tempted to get these in N from Hobbytrain; I believe they are doing a repeat run this year. Would be nice to see the Tauernbahn autoschleuse in model form.

Cheers

Hi The Andrian I have had these on order for the Last 5-6 years in Hobbytrain N Gauge through MSL In Fact the Price when I reserved them was 166 Euro's Do Not hold your breath There are lots of things that have never come to pass I nearly bought a second hand st but the box was very tatty. Babs

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi,

Yes. As I understand 6 sets have been made/announced. Earliest ones 3000, 30001, 30002 and 30003 between 1987 and 1990 then another two 23060 and 23061 in 2005. The railings though look a bit chunky and plasticky on these models which Hobbytrain tends to exhibit.

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE (6991 @ 29 Mar 2017, 12:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Kedumba,
Brilliant, sounds like the make up is consistent across the sets. Thanks for the info.
Now see if you can get the handrails on....

PS The writing on the coach body gives the wagon id and Bahndirektion. Indeed its 3x Hmb and 1x Esn
On the underframe it gives the Heimatbahnhof (home station) on a little white square, you'll find on this it is 3x Hamburg Altona and 1x Dortmund Hbf.
Sorry I was bit late replying but daughter had some trouble with the floods.Looking at the
frame I have the same as you.It would be interesting to know if any other aussie members
who have or will receive these carriages have the same as us.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
QUOTE (tonkatoy @ 10 Mar 2017, 19:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Reddo, ref the above, in the photo below on the left is a Touropa from set 44099, purchased from Victors in Pentonville Road in about 1999/2000. On the right, a coach from 64187.
Dunno if you can see from the photo but in the plastic the newer coach has a more purple hue to it, nothing too drastic in the difference, in fact I think it actually adds a bit of variation and interest to the rake. The new coach has a more textured finish to the roof, the windows have a gold finish to the inside framework and (unfortunately) the wheels are a lot shinier. The silver TOUROPA insciptions on the sides are the same for both coaches.
Social history time - 44099 has still got the price tag from Victors - 3 coaches for £98.87...

Hi,

Touropa coaches did not have the 2 (second class) markings nor the smoking signs displayed, I have never come across any prototype coach so marked!
The DB owned coaches in the same colours as the Touropa cars are correct with the class and smoking signs.

Regards
David

601 - 620 of 1524 Posts