Model Railway Forum banner
621 - 640 of 1501 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
David, thank you for this prototype information, I haven't got the courage to try and remove the incorrect markings....
I have a question regarding the running of these trains which you may be able to help with. Roco set 44098 has two Touropa coaches and a coach marked up for Scharnow Reisen, my question is would coaches from different tour operators have been in the same train? The limited information I have found in English doesn't say anything about this.
Many thanks Ian

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hi Ian,

Yes but not until the late 1960's.

The images of company coaches are all in the same train seen in Essen in 1968.

All photograph courtesy rolwie from Wagonlits forum.

There are also dsg sleeping cars and dining cars, you will notice blue sleeping car from wagenlits, but at this time you could mix all the company cars together.

Best Regards
David

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi David,
Wow, thanks you for those photos, that train has got everything but the kitchen sink in it. So, late 1960s, a good possibility of this being steam-hauled at some stage in it's journey? The blue-beige stock caught my eye, obviously brand new looking at the paintwork. I assume it's couchette stock, does anyone know if it's been made as a model? Apologies for drifting off-thread and for all the questions.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hello Ian,

All the photographs are of couchette coaches.

Sorry I am not aware of the coach in blue and beige, but LS Models did make it in the TOUROPA blue epoche IIIb (H43020) livery, these coaches are the 1960 rebuild of the original 1953 Bcumg.

The first train on this video is a tour operators service which contains two of the coaches, the models have sold out, but do come up on ebay from time to time.

http://germanrail.fr.yuku.com/topic/6873/R...st#.WONj_vmLQ2x

Please note the first coach which is the correct colour of a series of DB couchette coaches, available from Rivarossi (ebay)

If you have any more questions, please ask.

Regards
David

·
What do I put here!?!
883 Posts
QUOTE (Pantograf @ 4 Apr 2017, 04:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A lot of good info here regarding the Touropa coaches, thanks for all the contributions. Looks like I'll be scratching out the 2. class designation from my coaches.
Hi Pantograf (& Tonkatoy!?!)
Please don't "scratch" your vehicles!!! To avoid this, all I do is mask off the area to be worked upon with thin Tamiya masking tape, apply one drop of "T-Cut", spread it around the area and gently rub it in, using a sharpened cocktail stick. After a minute or so, you can then rub at the lettering to be removed slightly more firmly and you should be able to feel the paint/decal being removed.
If it is a large decal, you may need to dab off the polluted "T-Cut" with a single piece of toilet tissue before starting again.
Finally, as the decal is virtually gone, you can polish the whole area within the masking. This will leave a polished surface, you can either apply new decals, leave as is or spray/paint on some matt varnish - either way, you have quickly, painlessly and easily removed the offending characters.
You can also use this method for renumbering locos too!
Hope This Helps,
John.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

My latest loco purchase was a hand made russian model in H0 of the finnish SR1 electric loco with the number 3001, the first from Soviet Union to Finland delivered SR1 loco in 1973. Totally the Soviet Novocherkassk Electric Locomotive Factory delivered to Finland some 110 SR1 locos and the most of them are still in use! They have been very reliable mainly due to their very robust building and lack of smarter electronics!

I ordered my H0 model from Maksim Dementiev in Russia, a small model builder company.

I also have ordered from Maxim Dementiev some Repin carriages, the train that during the Soviet era (and also still during Russian times) operated between Helsinki and Saint Petersburg (Leningrad):

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE Please don't "scratch" your vehicles!!!
Have no fear John, I am the ultimate ' box opener' and stick it on the track merchant. Letting me loose with T-cut near any paintwork is asking for trouble....

David, thanks yet again, I might just get any blue and beige coach then and put it in the rake for variation.

Magnuken, please post some pictures of the St-Petersburg Helsinki coaches when you have received them. I wanted to travel on that train in the early 1980s, but my Finnish girlfriend was terrified I would be arrested in Leningrad so we never went!
Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Here are pictures by Maxim Dementiev of his H0 scale Helsinki - Saint-Petersburg and my SR1 loco number 3001. That loco was the very first production loco delivered to Finland from Soviet Novocherkassk factory in 1973. Before that they delivered a prototype of SR1 number 3000 but it had many faults, the main problem was the electro-mechanical and poor functioning power regulation. In the following locos it was then replaced by Strömberg ´s (a Finnish company) electronical frequency converters.

This is a cockpite picture of one of our early SR1 locos that I took in Kouvola, the depot of all our SR1 locos. It is still in every day use and it is from late 1970´s.

·
Registered
228 Posts
[/URL][/img]
My latest purchase. Falls into my "interesting to look at" class. You never know, as I get more interested in this hobby I might find something historically accurate to pull them with. Initially I will have to reunite Germany early with my V200 doing the honours.
Hope to start on my outdoor layout next month and get my very limited stock running.

·
Registered
58 Posts
mark campbell, I hadn't been too interested in adding my things to this thread just yet but even then when I saw your photo post above I was like "hm doesn't that look like..wait a minute, lets find that box to be sure.."
and in that case I wouldn't be surprised if yours is a Sachsenmodelle from the same mold as well, including cardboard "vestibules"?
this is a photo similar to what I have

I had bought it quite some time ago (before I had 'real' german interests yet) and thankfully both its DR and that theres prototypical photos of a locomotive hauling just a single 2-car set which makes this an easy one to keep for my upcoming small germany-set layout

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Newly arrived - a Roco OBB 1144 in epoch VI livery. This is more appropriate motive power for my Tyrol freight trains than the 1216s. I have other plans for those...

David

·
What do I put here&#33;?&#33;
883 Posts
Hi David,
Ooh, smart! Isn't that what they call the Valousek livery? I didn't like it at first but think it's really nice now!
My Austrian era is blood orange though!
Cheers,
John.

·
Administrator
10,021 Posts
Yes, it is a nice loco. I wasn't so keen when I first saw them around 2009 on our first visit to Austria but they've grown on me since. I can't comment on the name of the livery but it looks about right when checking against this video compilation I took in 2012

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/m8ltntKrYPo?rel=0

On watching it again I see that I had my own evidence for this livery in the Inntal all the time!

I got the model from Modellbahnshop Lippe. I had placed a reservation as soon as it came on the site in January as even "common" liveries can be hard to get. I got a notification to say it was available on Monday last. I responded with payment that evening and it shipped by DPD on Tuesday. If there had been someone available to accept it, I would have had it on Thursday! As it was I had it redirected to a local Halfords for pickup on Saturday morning. All in all, truly remarkable service.

@Mark. The track in that photo is Peco streamline 75 and yes it is a good runner and has no problems with a 7 car deep well set of intermodal freight.

David

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi,

Just posting some photos of LS Model's latest release in N, which would be of interest to those in HO international. This form has been made in the past but with the older livery in blue; this being the Rolf Ruediger colour scheme which is now being replaced in the prototype with the Night Jet colour scheme. So glad I got these before they sell out. At least I'm getting closer to putting together the "Wiener Walzer" EN 466/467 rake, just waiting for the OeBB Liegewagen to be released.

As usual the quality is exceptional from LS Models.

Cheers

621 - 640 of 1501 Posts