Model Railway Forum banner
661 - 680 of 1531 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Well sometimes you are just plain lucky...
Went to a meeting about 70k from home, if I was sneaky I could divert via my local model railway shop on the way home. I did, and guess what I walked out with a bargain.

This is Brawa set 48205, three G10 wagons from Epoche 3a. I had tried to buy them a couple of years ago but they sold out quickly. And here they were, for the equivalent of about 75 Euro.

That's 48223 at the back, the G10 with brakeman's cabin, which you needed every few wagons, even in early Epoche 3.

The detail is very nice also

Well pleased

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
Hi Reddo, I have Bought The DCC Sound and Dynamic Steam. They have sold out at Roco but they still have the DC ones available. I understand it is with Henning Sound. Which is Very Good I do not think MSL will have them long. Wether they are worth the money We shall see It better be Excellent otherwise i will send mine back for a refund.

It's got to be better than the Trix Version I have they are pretty ropey

Just a slight drift I received my Hamburg 150 Year Metrans back a big difference in Bogie tracking and running. I hope you have Checked your's before it is too late.

Babs

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Thanks - time to go on a budget for a month then :) Or sell a couple of my analog UK outline locos...

I also bought the TRIX version as the ebay seller had DCC Fitted it so was a good price MIB
TX 22817 1 BR 85 DB - Witte deflectors III 85 009

https://www.reynaulds.com/products/Trix/22817.aspx

I like to give these 'underdogs' a go sometimes in the spirit of optimism :))

Will check my Hamburg loco when I get back down to France in early August (been a bit busy getting cars through MOTs lately)

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi,

Thought I'd post up here some photos of some recent purchases I'd received yesterday from Menzels Lokschuppen. The two sleeper coaches shown here were specially commissioned by Menzels Lokschuppen from ACME to produce the first ever correct form MU (Modern Universal built around 1973) in N used by the OeBB and CFR; apparently these were going to be made originally by Pirata Models but was cancelled. These two coaches are spot on and suitable to be used for the representation of the Night Train Dacia (EN/D/R 346/347) up to around 2003. The OeBB have/had three coaches of this particular MU, the last photos I've found of these show them parked up around 2009 in Vienna West Bahnhof along with two U-MUs (another topic for the future):

61 81 72-71 626-7
61 81 72-71 627-5
61 81 72-71 628-3 (the current model form from the set ACME 16511)

Interesting enough if in the future the other two coaches for the OeBB are made in model form the second coach (61 81 72-71 627-5) apart from having a different serial number has the "Pflatsch" mark at the opposite ends in the prototype.

The 61 81 72-71 627-5 was used a lot on the Orient Express EN262/263 (Paris - Vienna).

As for the CFR MU there is a lot of confusion around these particular MUs; apparently CFR have 3 of these which were originally built 1972-1973 for the SBB. The only two numbers documented as I understand are 50 53 71-31 015-0 (the model form shown here) and 50 53 71-31 014-3.

Again looking at photos of the prototype everything is correct; again another quirk I noticed is if the 014-3 coach is made in model form the "Voiture Lits" marking on the cabin side starts from the left hand most side of the first window whereas the 015-0 has the marking start on the right hand side of that window; if there is a variation on the corridor side I cannot say since I have not been able to find a photo showing that side.

Overall very happy to have these especially now that another high quality brand is stepping into the N market and getting a little bit closer to completing a Dacia Night train.

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi Reddo,

Would love to see your ACME purchases. So far the N packaging is a bit lame from ACME - LS Models is a bit more upmarket.

I just wanted to add on the background of this set that the OeBB MU has been in use up to 2010 on the Dacia train along with the U-MUs of the OeBB; I quoted 2003 as a rough guide for the pair since other CFR sleeper coaches (ex DB WLABmh 174/175 and other variants like T2S) are used from 2003 onward on the route.

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello again,

Along with the previous posts showing the commissioned MUs by Menzels they also arranged with LS Models a commission for the Czech WLABmz with the "Najbrt" livery already mentioned in another post by Pantograph. This is the latest Epoch VI livery replacing the Big Dipper/Unesco Livery. Both of these models represent the modernized "Holasovice" and "Lednice-Valtice" Unesco livery coaches.

I will post next time round some more photos when I receive the WLABmee coaches of the WSBA again specially commissioned by Menzels Lokschuppen. The preview photos of these I've seen are stunning and the detail is probably the highest I've seen yet for this particular class of sleeper coach.

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi Pantograf,

Thanks. These sleepers do add a new dimension; just need a good selection of liegewagen/couchettes to put together some realistic rakes. One area which is lacking is a good selection of Hungarian, Polish and Croatian rolling stock in N. The HO and TT market is in a better state. I really think the N market is in a chicken and egg situation;; hopefully this will change.

The HO sleeper set is worth it you get a couchette as well, would be very useful to put a variety of rakes together, I view these sets as a basic ingredient which can be used for a variety of recipes.

Cheers

661 - 680 of 1531 Posts