Model Railway Forum banner
721 - 740 of 1527 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 1 Aug 2017, 15:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>New arrivals...

The loco showcase was stuffed with DC/DCC OBB outline electrics. I chose this Roco sound fitted 1116 because it carries the RailCargo Austria logo; being on special offer also helped

David
Well, it took me long enough. Since you'd posted these pics I've been going back and forth between this loco and the new OBB NightJet, they're both great looking models. After realizing that my rolling stock consists mostly of passenger cars, I ended up ordering the NightJet loco last night but the RailCargo is still on the radar. Now I need some repainted NightJet sleepers. Also, I'm going to be in Innsbruck next month and I'm really hoping to catch sight of the NJ train there.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 ·
Pantograph As you will be in Innsbruck Soon there is a Great Modelshop. Babs

Address: Rudolf Greinz Str. 1 / Ecke Amraser Str.73, 6020 Innsbruck - Tirol - Austria, Austria

www.modellbahn.at

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
QUOTE Since you'd posted these pics I've been going back and forth between this loco and the new OBB NightJet
NightJet was one of the options available to me, as was the Licht / Dunkel.

I can second Babz recommendation for Modelbahn Rainer. It's about a mile or so out from the city centre and is on tram route 3. At the other end of the block is Peinter confiserie which is very good for coffee and cake.

The Heiss toy shop which I visited - we didn't have time for the trip out to Rainer - is on Museum Strasse which also happens to be on tram route 3.

David

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for the tips, gentlemen. The train store and the coffee shop (with cakes) sound great, just the kind of places I look for when I'm traveling. I checked out the train store's website and they have a lot of stuff that I like... that could get expensive.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
It is a stunning loco Babz - I managed to find the DCC Ready version back in May 2015 and the seller had fitted the Zimo sound decoder so was a great purchase. I love the lights under the footplate - it is a star loco in any collection. Cheers

·
What do I put here&#33;?&#33;
883 Posts
Hi Babz,
Well done with the Roco 03.10 - I very nearly bought that one new, several years ago now. Was it called "The Blue . . . . . " something*
It's a beautiful model, enjoy.
John.

Edit: I didn't realise it has footplate lights, nice one!

Reddo, enjoy your coaches, they look lovely.

* It's come back to me, "The Blue Mauritius"!

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Just arrived from MSL
Fleischmann 445071 ICE 1 BR 401
Ever since travelling on one of these from Berlin to Frankfurt l've wanted one for my layout, but until now was not able to find a good quality DCC sound version

Now awaiting the mid coaches that were also on pre order
Regards
Alan

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello all, (and Babz, sorry about the earlier typo.....)
Below are some pics of Lilliput set L105001, issued in 1997 to commerate 50 years of Lilliput production. The set is meant to represent a test train as run from the Minden locomotive test centre in the 1950s, with a Br42 on test, followed by two engineering coaches and in the rear a Baden IVh( now Br18.3) acting as the braking force loco. From my reading on Stummiforum I understand that this isn't a prototypical set-up. The Br18.3 was used as the braking loco on passenger engines with a Br45 used on freight locos. Again from Stummiform it seems the Br10 'Black Swan' underwent extensive testing with this type of train so that will make a fine substitute for the Br42, as well as other EraIII passenger locos.
The 18.3 is unpowered but looks superb and very heavily modified in contrast to my Trix DRG 18.3 from EraII and Lliput IVh from EraI. The Br42 ran very well but was shorting out on curves and points. I dismantled it and miraculously found the problem and even more miraculously, solved it. The pick-ups on the third axle are long springy strips of copper and when the loco enters a curve the articulation of the wheelset touches the opposing pick-ups together, causing the short. I thought I would have to try and bend the pick-ups to prevent them touching but this would have been incredibly fiddly in the confines of the chassis. The solution I came up with was to seperate the pickups with a small piece of plastic between them, and it works!
For me, an interesting and unusual set. I have tried to find pictures of the test train on the web but not much luck so far.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 14 Sep 2017, 05:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Similar here ie was looking for a quality version of ICE1 - have it on pre-order. What is the detail like Alan?

Hi redo,
Yeah, detail is good, to be honest, on a loco like this with such smooth lines there's not much to see, good paint job, the grilles to the sides and roof are etched, the pantographs (although not functional)
are well detailed. As well as turning lights and sound on/off, there are a further 22 sound functions, including windshield wipers and flushing toilets

Below are some additional photos
Regards
Alan

721 - 740 of 1527 Posts