Model Railway Forum banner
741 - 760 of 1524 Posts

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
As a fan of the Brenner pass I couldn't resist the Roco model of the Brennerbahn 150 1116 loco. I've uploaded a video because this model has a new sound chip or file where the singing sound of the control electronics varies with speed so you can play tunes. It reminds me of bagpipes:

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/NF8e6weuIoY?rel=0

Roco supply a replacement coupling for connecting with their lighting equipped Railjet coaches.

David

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi David, the Brenner Taurus looks and sounds great, I wonder if my recently purchased NightJet Taurus has the same sound. I should really take it out of the box and run it.

Hi reddo, the BR 112 is a great elok but from the pic I can't tell whether it's red or blue. Piko's been coming on strong lately with new locos like the BR 143 which some say is better then Roco's.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The locos coming through in the Expert series are becoming very good IMO - I try and make a detailed read of the catalogues when they come out to spot these 'new castings or fine detailing' etc As someone remarked, for the E + D Loks, they are good VFM versus Roco

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello all,
I have just purchased second-hand Roco 72453, the OBB 1116 in City Airport Train livery. I rode on this train with my dad on a visit to Vienna 2-3 years ago and always fancied one in that striking paint job.
Everything seems in order, runs beautifully, but there appears to be no paperwork in the box giving a list of the sound functions.
I've looked on t'internet including Roco.cc site but can't seem to find anything giving a functions list. I know this loco type has featured on here recently so can anyone point me in the right direction or provide a list of functions?
Secondly, the sound volume appears to be set at maximum, which is a bit tiring for the rest of the household.... The generic Roco sound leaflet was included in the box, which states the CV for total volume control is CV266 with values between 0-255. On my Lenz 100 programming track the CV readout gave a value of 00. I put in a value of 120 but the volume seemed the same, so I took it down to 20 and again no change in the volume that I could discern. When I read back on the programming track it gives the value of Cv266 as 20. Is this a fault or am I missing something? Any ideas/comments welcome!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi,

Seems a bit odd that. What firmware version is installed? Can be read from CVs 7 & 65 (version and subversion respectively). The board would be using the Zimo MX645 sound decoder.
Current firmware version stands at V 37.0.

Cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Andrian and all, I did a readout on CV 8 to identify the manufacturer and it came up with 151, which I believe is the code for ESU. I did a reset by setting CV 8 to 8 and will have another go at the volume settings later today.
Cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well I've had my tea and gone back to the train set. Googled ESU Loksound CVs and RMweb came up trumps. CV63 controls the master volume and CV63 gave a reading of 192, which is the max value for the V4 decoder. I reduced the value to 20 and hey presto, volume reduced.
I'm a bit puzzled as I thought Roco had been using Zimo sound decoders for some time, so perhaps this model is older than I thought, but that doesn't explain why the decoder leaflet gives the wrong info about the master volume CV.
A mystery, but a cracking loco and great sounds.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Ha Hah - you succumbed to the temptation Babs - I saw those and was very impressed. If Brawa - I will imagine the quality is very high. I had two more packages arrive this morning and will post pictures later - they are alot smaller than your monster! Does it come with a showcase?

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #757 ·
Hi Reddo i don't think it come in a case just the Normal Brawa packing. It is DC so will have to put in Decoder. It has a 21 pin Socket..
My Bemo eloks are really really nice. Will look great on the layout.when able to run anything.
Babs

·
What do I put here!?!
883 Posts
Hi, Babs, All,
I love the Brawa 06, I have a black DRG version and thanks to my good friend, James, we fitted an ESU sound decoder and uploaded the correct sound files so it runs very well and sounds great. My other good friend, Doug has the green DRG version, also sound fitted.
A magnificent model in my humble opinion.
Cheers,
John

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #759 ·
Hi John Good Morning, How many versions Do Brawa do of this Dampf, I would Like a Black Version or a very Dark Grey. I have already downloaded the File for it and have a Decoder in stock. Babs

·
What do I put here!?!
883 Posts
Hi Babs,
Sorry for the delay in replying!
Here are all the versions os the Brawa 06 and when they were released.
Brawa 06 and others
NOTE: Brawa only appear to make a H0 scale one but I would have thought they might have made an H gauge one too.
Cheers,
John.

PS Just imagine a 'Spur 2' (gauge 3!) version, wow!

741 - 760 of 1524 Posts