Model Railway Forum banner
801 - 820 of 1483 Posts

·
What do I put here!?!
883 Posts
Hi David,
Oh my! Those ACME coaches really are something special, well done.

QUOTE (Mark Campbell @ 29 Dec 2017, 13:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>John and Julian. I have so little stock so far I can't use your technique and I haven't reached the stage that if you stop half way up the stairs and then can't remember whether you're going up or down. Apparently, that's when it's time to worry.
Reddo, please get your layout running. You have too many "precious things" that need to be out of their boxes for us all to die of envy.

Hi Mark,
I think the John you were referring to was John (GV) not me but just to reassure you, when I started out, I only had a couple of locos and a handful of coaches and wagons and you know what?
I really treasured them, possibly way beyond all of the individual pieces I own right now! They were both Roco, a 1020 in orange and an 1189 'Krokodile' in green, both Austrian and they ran amazingly well, I spent hours and hours shunting up and down my little plank - it was fascinating watching the motion working on the 1189. I didn't even realise the difference between the 1/100th and the 1/87th scale coachees, I just thought they were prototypically different!
Like a fool, I traded them in when I went American but have subsequently managed to replace the 1020, I really must get hold of an 1189 again sometime.
So, please don't worry about any "lack" of stock and enjoy what you have now, more will come over time.
All the best,
John (E).

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Very nice acquisition David, and the Schifflok looks superb. I didnt mention it before but by complete chance I think I have managed to acquire the complete ACME Bolgna-Monaco (Munich) set 55143-55145. I say 'think' as I have paid for it from a reputable dealer and am just awaiting the shipment/tracking details. The next step is to sell a body part to pay for it...

I also highly recommend the TVP Eurotrack series of DVDs; they only made 11 in the period mid 80s-90s and have captured all the characterful locos across Europe before everything was transformed into multiple unit 'tubes' as I call them. See here http://www.transportvideo.com/continental-26-c.asp

The danger is (for the more collection-orientated amogst us)is that you end up seeking out model representations of the locos featured...

Cheers Panto - I just need to work out what to haul behind the BLS loco

·
What do I put here&#33;?&#33;
883 Posts
Hooray!
Well done, Mark and I am pleased to have been of service to you.
I'm guessing that is a Brawa model?
Why? Your picture shows it without buffers, which is how Brawa V100's are packaged! Hopefully, she will give you many years of trouble free service.
All the best,
John.

·
Administrator
9,994 Posts
Last Friday night I came across this out of production OBB rolling road wagon which is a 'must' for the Brenner Pass:

Meanwhile, a reservation I placed in the Autumn when Roco announced their Nightjet coaches and car transporter also came into stock this week and arrived today:

David

·
Registered
228 Posts
Flickr is playing silly b*****s again and won't let me grab all the B.B. code from my tablet, so sorry, no images. My 1952 Rheingold coaches have arrived and are mint. Showed them to a man at our club last night and said that it was my belief that they would probably have run with a br 01, 03 or 41. And having looked these up, sorry purists, not seen a difference worth caring about between them, sort of aired my reluctance to use steam locos outdoors. I had been warned that they would be likely to be too light.
He makes no claim to be an expert, but did think an E18 in blue would probably be " getawayable" . Having seen images of this loco and preferring this to a red and black. Would it be a million miles off the mark?

·
Administrator
9,994 Posts
QUOTE that OBB set is very nice. Could I ask who is the make and model number
Assuming you mean the ACME Bozen-Innsbruck set, it's ACME 90130.

I had originally tried to reserve it at MSL as soon as they added it to their lists but got an almost 'instant' sold out response. My guess is that you may be lucky to find one but never fear as Roco announced a Bozen-Innsbruck set for 2018 so there is an opportunity to get something similar.

David

·
Administrator
9,994 Posts
Ah, sorry.

The rolling road wagon is Roco 67531. See roco website for more details.

This is an Epoch V rather than VI livery. The most obvious difference to me when pausing current youtube videos is the Okombi logo which is slightly different. The key point for me is the colour of the wagon itself. Both the DB and SBB/Hupac wagons are different.

Searching for 'strasse' on the Roco site turns up about 15 rolling road models. all now out of production. I'll just wait for the next batch to turn up.

Nice work on the ACME set!

David

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lenz V20 - H0

Something about the real one.
Manufacturer: Jung
Type: WR 200 B 13
Type: B-dh
Factory number: 9585
Year of construction: 1942
Gauge: 1435 mm

·
883 Posts
Hi All,
It's been a long time since I showed anything here and a few have slipped under the radar.
A year or more ago, I ordered this beauty from ScaleTrains dot com, a relatively new manufacturer from the USA.

It's a Chicago North Western SD40-2 in the "old yellow" or "stagecoach yellow" scheme in the 'Rivet Counter' series, factory fitted with an ESU Loksound decoder.

Very nice truck detail, the knuckle is metal and the class lights change colour (F5).

Authentic C&NW nose gong bell.

Even fitted with a broom!

I tried my hand at making a video, not very successfully, sorry!

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/1RFJEZ0IbBg?rel=0

I'm very pleased with this one!
John.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lovely John. Just another loco to add to the wish list. As you know, I like to see stock running.
At the moment looking for a Db E19 in blue in a bargain basement somewhere. Decided against historical accuracy and think one of these will look nice pulling my 1952 Rheingold coaches.
Did manage to pick up a Db s-bahn 111 with the lovely white and orange finish for £30 on eBay. Can't show you pictures as Flickr via tablet seems resistant to allow you to copy the entire B.B. code. Going to be my first attempt at hardwiring for dcc, when I can find a good "idiot guide" to follow.
As an aside, anyone attending the East Anglian Model Railway Exhibition on the 10th and 11th of March look out for me as I joined the hosting club (St Neots) a while back, so will be around the whole weekend. Would be nice to put some faces to names. Sad to say there will be no exhibition next year as the venue is demolishing the hall at the end of the year and we haven't been able to find a suitable replacement venue. Still searching for somewhere for 2020.

·
883 Posts
Thanks, guys!
Glad you liked my American beast.
Reddo, that was some bargain, looks like I missed it.
Mark, according to this website (in German): Elektrolok.de the first E18's were being painted in blue in 1953! (presumably, the E19 would have been treated much the same way?).

Now to something that was glimpsed in my above pictures;

And to go with it;

I had been selling off quite a bit of my British 00, which is how I could afford these beauties.
Both ESU, they are the class 265 Voith Gravita and class 232 Ludmilla.
They run simply superbly, have an amazing ability to cross dead sections and have incredible effects like brake sparks and flange squeal on corners. They do have smoke too but that is not something I will ever use as I simply don't like it. They are rather heavy, I shall never tax their haulage abilities on my little layouts.
They are still louder than the American, despite turning the volume down from 255 to 100. I will find a decent sound level for them all in due course.
Again, very happy with these.
Cheers,
John.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I think those BR 753 models went as fast as they were posted John. And that Class 265 looks very substantial - I need to follow your example and sell off some of my 00 stock.

I also saw these (article 91035 etc) this morning via the Kramm Newsletter - quite nice (though it wouldn't be difficult to make them from wood coffee stirrers or similar)

http://www.modellbahn-kramm.com/d/infomail...amp;artnr=17051

801 - 820 of 1483 Posts