Model Railway Forum banner
841 - 860 of 1524 Posts

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (Pantograf @ 19 Mar 2018, 04:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's Brawa-49093 and Modellbahn Union still has them in stock.

Hey. I got mine from Memoba in Austria. The freight is a bit cheaper.
The G10s were all released just before christmas. The Sachs and KWSTE are limited runs. The others are all 2017 new items.

and yes, I had to have the blue one.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
"Hey. That one is on my wishlist. At the price, it could very well be my last loco. This is the Era II Version?"

Hi Adrian,
Yeah, it is a bit pricey, I'm still recovering from open wallet surgery

It is listed as Era III, but I'm not fussed if it is era II, anything on my layout below era IV is fine with me.
You seem to be splashing out on rolling stock.

Just took delivery of this nice rake of REE SNCF UIC coaches (again listed Era III) to go with the 231K.
Very nicely detailed interiors. I have had to order the digital LED lighting kits for them. As they make many variations to suit the different interior layouts, they don't keep them in stock.

Regards
Alan

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hiya,

Well after some delay (was supposed to be available at the end of last year) I received the pair of WSBA (Slovakian) sleepers in N, a special commission from Menzels Lokschuppen by LS Models.

A very pleasing pair of coaches with the silver print, although there are some very small imperfections I noticed in the printing which do not detract from the overall appearance. The photos uploaded don't show clearly the coloured interior cabin doors. One of these coaches will eventually end up in a rake I'm building up for the Chopin train EN 406/407 between Vienna and Breclav.

For some time I'd be wanting to get hold of the Jaegerndorfer Kaiser Taurus operated by MRCE to compliment the Hobbytrain Sisi Taurus I already own and luckily I found one at a bargain price for 85 euros:

and the complimentary Sisi Taurus operated by Gysev:

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
HI Guy's Thanks for the replies, There is a big lacking In Swiss Scenery Back Drops available. I did find a Photographers website Who Sells Their pictures which you could Print and make a Backdrop. I did write to them, But Guess what they never replied sad really. I have had The SBB Ae 8/14 in N Gauge for many years but till today could not get the HO Version as it was always sold out. But now i have one I am Delighted.

Reddo Thanks for the Heads up on the Coaches But I have 4 already I cannot really justify another 2. They are not the Latest Version. Cannot have everything But we can try.
Babs

·
Registered
49 Posts
A few more kits have arrived and some coaches in the background. Canopies to add to the Faller ones I have to extend the station area and the crne for the woodmill /pallet factory area.

I was looking at those same Kibri platform kits the other day and I rather like them. Have you had a chance to build one yet?

I'm wondering what the width of the platform is to see if i need to make a track adjustment before laying roadbed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have my roadbed on order and Auhagen station, platform, platform figures and accessories, and a walk-over on order too.

I wanted to get these structures ordered so I could adjust track spacing as necessary before the roadbed goes down.

·
C55
2,646 Posts
Newbe on the block. Strange shopping basket on the front end.

I had a pleasant surprise gift yesterday. Close up, it looks quite impressive.

It is 4-8-8-4 Big Boy, so it says on the box and effectively is 2 x sets of 8 driving wheels. Apparently it has a number, 4004. When I can get a box to it, there is 4005 available too, I am told.

Both sets of 8 drivers swivel, but I doubt it will ever get round even the 19.88" radius curves on the planned layout. It has been sitting around for a long time and needs a bit of a clean and a touch or two of Jenolite / paint, particularly on the wire handrails. Strangely only the first 4, on the tender, swivel and the remaining 10 wheels on it are all flanged. On investigation the rear pair of wheels on the tender also swivel too.

Kind regards

Julian

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
QUOTE (Michael Carter @ 27 Mar 2018, 19:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A few more kits have arrived and some coaches in the background. Canopies to add to the Faller ones I have to extend the station area and the crne for the woodmill /pallet factory area.

I was looking at those same Kibri platform kits the other day and I rather like them. Have you had a chance to build one yet?

I'm wondering what the width of the platform is to see if i need to make a track adjustment before laying roadbed.

Hi Michael- not yet. If you go on line you may be able to find the width of the platforms. Let me know otherwise I can open a box and check them out
Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #857 ·
Hi Everyone, If I am not wrong The Measurement on the Kits is on the back of the box and they are usually on the MSL website this i did a copy and Paste Kibri Platform kit Babs

Specifications & Details:

Manufacturer: Kibri
Article-No.: 39558
EAN: 4026602395586
Gauge: H0
Dimensions (LxWxH): 65,5 x 3,8 x 6 cm

·
C55
2,646 Posts
QUOTE (Michael Carter @ 27 Mar 2018, 22:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The real locomotive is around 134'. Two of them have been restored and are operating in the US.

Nice model.

You might need 22" radius to run that big boy. No pun intended.

That must be expensive, running those fellas, but I expect they are spectacular enough to draw lots of customers, so it may pan out quite well.

Thank you for the running information too. That may lead to more plans .....

Kind regards

Julian

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE It is 4-8-8-4 Big Boy, so it says on the box and effectively is 2 x sets of 8 driving wheels. Apparently it has a number, 4004. When I can get a box to it, there is 4005 available too, I am told.

Hello Julian, from the red box at the back of the photo looks like you have a Rivarossi version of the iconic Big Boy. Rivarossi started making these from the early 1970s and I understand are still making them to this day. I received one as a surprise for Christmas in 1975(obviously the best Xmas prezzie ever...) and it charged about on Hornby 2nd radius curves for years on my Mum's carpet. You may get away with your present curves but beware the massive overhangs when it goes round bends. Rivarossi have continuously revised the loco over the years. My loco has a massive motor mounted in the cab, I know they they changed to a can motor mounted in the boiler some years ago and they have sold DCC and sound equipped versions. Good luck and enjoy.
Ref the prototype, 8 out of the 25 built have been preserved as non-runners, until a few years ago Union Pacific announced they would restore a Big Boy to run, in time for the 150th anniversary of the completion of the railway across America in 2019. UP's website has details on the progress. The unit being restored is 4014, I posted some photos of it in preserved state on this forum back in 2012, I think. UP currently run 2 big steamers: 4-8-4 number 8444 which was never retired from the UP roster and Challenger 4-6-6-4(can't remember the number) essentially the older and smaller brother of Big Boy.

Going back to your model, I seem to remember the tender causing more derailing issues than the engine. From bitter experience, I wouldn't bother trying to reverse back over small radius points.....

Cheers

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
We picked up this loco for a good price recently:

It's a DC version so I've invested in Lokprogrammer and fitted it with a Loksound 4 and loaded it with the ES64F4 sound file. This has a lot more in it than the bare BR189 file.

David

841 - 860 of 1524 Posts