Model Railway Forum banner
861 - 880 of 1524 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Nice and good to have a variation in DCC Sound locos.

In other news...Modellbahn Union is having a bit of a sale on at the moment. I just ordred 4 packs (10 each) of the Rivarossi Catenary posts in Green (38 reduced to 9.95 Euros)

I thought they looked good, ummed about it over the weekend then saw that Peter Marriott had used them in his Modelling European Railways book so thought they couldn't be all bad. They even include wiring if you want to power them.

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
QUOTE I suppose you intend to use this one for the Brenner freight trains you are building up.
That is the intention. I have watched enough videos on YouTube to have worked out what the combinations tend to be.

On sound:
I think this is quite an old model as it has an 8 pin decoder socket. There's not much room for a speaker so the default 23mm speaker which comes with the Loksound 4 is installed without an enclosure. I will have to revisit that as the sound is not as clear as some my recent 'sound fitted' 1216s.

David

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
The BR 189 is a Roco. I suppose I should refine that by saying this is an 'F4' as it is compatible with four different power systems as opposed to the 189s which are AC only. I had not realised that the 189 classification applied to both types until I found two different sound files on the ESU site. The drive sound is not the same. Think OBB 1116 vs 1216 and you get the idea.

It's the way of the world at the moment that models come and go in batches. The current 'excitement' is 193 / Vectrons. There's any number of those either available or coming soon. I'm hoping that the time for the red 1116, plainer 189s may come again.

I will certainly be trying a range of sugar cube speakers. I have the ESU small squat speaker to try for size in another Roco model where it was obvious from its shape that a round speaker was never going to fit.

David

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
Thanks for the speaker recommendation. That was a company on my list to check out so it's good to have a recommendation.

David

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #870 ·
HI Reddo Thank you for the heads up. Placed a reservation for one. Thank you. It is interesting that Lenz are making sound decoders for Roco. But they do not sell sound themselves.
Babs

·
Registered
271 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 21 Apr 2018, 00:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pantograph & Babz - I guess you already saw this has just been announced (due wk50/2108) https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produk...in_produkt.html
Hi Reddo, thanks for posting that. I was looking at that yesterday wondering whether 193 469 "Simplon" is the one they're actually going to make. I would prefer some of the other names like Basel, Brig or Gottardo but I guess I'll have to get whatever they come up with. Another one that will be joining my Vectron fleet (of 6 so far) is this one...

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
Provided none of them turn up on the Brenner my wallet is safe. But as I have seen BLS and Swiss Rail Cargo liveried locos, it's not 100% safe.

For now I'm happy with the two 'special' liveried Vectrons I have on order.

David

·
Registered
321 Posts
;Hello again,

Adding a bit more Eastern European flavour to my collection, I recently managed to find on Ebay a pair of RZD WLABmee from LS Models 78011. I homed on these since the RZD later had the sleeper pictogram removed which is evident on YouTube videos when these coaches are used on this train. Also these coaches do not have a particular destination board. I also managed to track down an earlier livery of the Slovakian WSBA WLABmee by LS Models 78021 before having the modern livery which are shown in my previous post here on this thread.

The RZD coaches:

A suprising addition to this pair of coaches were these additional bits, some seats presumably to replace the folded down beds and a pair of destination board "glass":

An interesting feature of these coaches (both the RZD and WSBA) is that these were made before the Modern Gala saga where a number of RTR providers got their fingers burnt. Here is a photo of the chassis with the Modern Gala marking:

The WSBA Travel single coach:

And a sample rake of the 406/7 train which is typical at one end with a typical CD "big dipper" sleeper, note the WSBA appears in later years on the route but can pass as a PKPIC coach at a distance:

Cheers

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi Reddo,

Roco have made two versions with two different styles of livery 45718 & 45724. The one in the video is the latest livery of Ökombi which is the latter model made by Roco. Also Tillig/Memoba 501030 (Õkombi style) and Lilliput 388365 (old livery).

Relating to my previous post for those confused to which train I was referring to (for some reason my post got mangled during editing) is the Chopin D/EN/R 406/7 and D202/3 night train and also the reference to being similar to a PKPIC coach is incorrect it was meant to be either a ZSSK WLABmee or a WSBA Bcmh since the colours are identical.

Cheers

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
Well done on the wagon purchase.

I've only recently got interested in the Okombi RoLa trains so I am interested in the coach information too.

I found a reference to the 45724 model on an auction site and the notes state that the scale is 1:100. If that's the case it's a compromise too far for me and I am prepared to wait.

Searching through the 'couchette' category on MSL throws up a lot of models. On the basis of the underbody equipment, I think the ACME current OBB model is too new as the underside is mostly covered by a fairing. The LS Models of SBB / CD look more likely but it would need a lot more research to confirm / deny.

David

PS. I think the lead loco in the video clip was a 1216 rather than the usual 1116.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi David,

I'd read somewhere but can't recall where, that the Roco model was a compromise model, also I think they failed to close up a window like in the prototype when they were modified for Rola service from ordinary passenger couchette service, similar to the mistake Kato made with the Rola couchettes in N and only to be rectified in the limited series by Kiskun.

Lead loco can confirm is 1216, the "part of the best" markings also with map of Europe outline being only on the 1216 (ÖBB and RCA).

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #880 ·
Good Morning Everyone i picked up a drivers coach to go with my HAG car carriers. I have a feeling it was an obscure make which i do not normaly buy. It had HUPAC on the coach. It was Lima.
I bought it of ebay.
Babs

861 - 880 of 1524 Posts