Model Railway Forum banner
921 - 940 of 1531 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (reddo @ 13 May 2018, 03:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>6991 - I know those regions very well thanks to my wife also who is always pushing me to do walking on the weekends...as you say the scenery will be stunning.

Michael - that is a really nice loco - very different front end. Is it Roco?

Yes sir, that is all Roco. I'm finally ordering the DCC system today. The NCE Powercab system.

· What do I put here&#33;?&#33;
882 Posts
Hi Alan,
That's a beautiful coach there! I need to get one too but I'm in no rush as it's rather too big for my Leberecht.
I like your train of six wheelers, too - is that from the set with the sound fitted P8? I have that and it's quite stunning.
Cheers,
John.

· Premium Member
482 Posts
QUOTE (Allegheny1600 @ 11 Jun 2018, 12:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Alan,
That's a beautiful coach there! I need to get one too but I'm in no rush as it's rather too big for my Leberecht.
I like your train of six wheelers, too - is that from the set with the sound fitted P8? I have that and it's quite stunning.
Cheers,
John.

Thanks John,
Yeah, it is nice. First of 4 or 5 ICE coaches I have on reserve at MSL

re the six wheelers, I think I purchased them separately. I do have the P8 sound version. In the above pic, they are hooked up to a P6 (sound + smoke)

Regards
Alan

· Premium Member
482 Posts
Hi all,
Just received my 2 X Fleischmann 4445 01 2nd class coaches for the ICE

Just waiting on the restaurant car now.

Also had to buy a 165cm vision display case to accommodate my completed rake
Regards
Alan

· Premium Member
482 Posts
After my recent trip on the real Flying Scotsman, I had to get this.

Its the Hornby R350TTS DCC with sound with a rake of 3 Caledonian coaches

It will only get the odd guest appearance on my German layout but couldn't resist it

Regards
Alan

· Administrator
10,694 Posts
That's an impressive display Alan.

I hope you get many hours of enjoyment looking at it and even more running them

David

· Registered
266 Posts
An eBay purchase that I simply could't resist, but I like Dublo and its companion models and offer of £50 was accepted. All pretty mint too. The loco runs quietly but does need a service [which will follow in due course].

I picked another good pair of coaches for £5.50 so when it does run - and that won't be often - it'll have something respectable to pull.

Tony

882 Posts
Hi Tony,
Oh my! Very nice indeed, proper classics there and they still look great to me. I always fancied that big diesel pictured on the cover!
Can you say what period, year they might be from?
Cheers,
John.

· Registered
266 Posts
It's the 'L'Aquilon' set from the early '60s John. I have no real interest in Continental HO but enjoy restoring Hornby Dublo locos. I found this on eBay whilst searching for some bogie side-frames for a Dublo Deltic that I am working on. Just couldn't resist it and what a bargain.

Look how fine the pantographs are - far, far better than Triang's EM2 or Trix's EM1.

What a survivor!

The diesel on the box front [in the foreground] was also made by HOrnby-acHO.

Tony

882 Posts
Please excuse my posting this twice!
QUOTE (Allegheny1600 @ 2 Dec 2017, 13:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi All,
A small update: Speaking to the very helpful chaps on the 'Italian Railways Society' stand at Warley, I was told about Comofer, who have produced a rather good looking model of the D245 diesel shunter, this one has external coupling rods unlike the Rivarrossi model which is just a three axle machine with no coupling rods.
Anyway, one of these is now on my shopping list, I have to have one, they're simply gorgeous.
A little Italian diorama style 'thing' is now on my modelling horizon!
Cheers,
John.
It took me a while to find one of these handsome machines at the right price and with shipping to the UK but I now have one.
Yippee!

It's a very sweet runner and I'm rather pleased.
But with just one Italian coach and one FS registered wagon, it will be a long while before I get to my diorama!

Would you believe it? Right after I bought the above loco, another search revealed something else I had been after for much longer;

This is a Hobbytrade HGK DE11 or MaK DE2400.
Built in 1989 as DB class 240, there were only three examples that ended up with the Hafen und Guterverkehr Koln, sadly both DE11 and DE12 have subsequently burnt out so only DE13 is still in service. I think they are a mighty fine looking diesel though with a face reminiscent of the lovely BR120.
Cheers,
John.

· Administrator
10,694 Posts
Interesting shunter. If it's one of those that works up at the Brenner Pass, then you'll need two or three OBB 1116s to loose shunt 'dead' engine from the Italian side back to the Austrian side

Meanwhile another of my pre-orders has arrived - One of the LS Models Moscow-Nice sleeping car sets. For those that don't know, this service travels via the Brenner Pass. Eating facilities are provided by a PKP restaurant car so I'll be keeping an eye for one of those over the next wee while.

On a recent trip to Innsbruck I paid a visit to the Heiss toy shop on Museum Strasse as it has been a source of good deals and interesting models in the past. I was not disappointed.

These Vos trailers were on special offer:

These OBB EANOS wagons weren't but they are good value per inch if you see what I mean.

They are way too shiny and undamaged...

At the end of last year I got a pair of OBB stake wagons and if you remember I was not entirely convinced by the Herpa loads I got to go with them.

The staff at Heiss had the same wagons in their show case but they had loaded them with logs from Ladeguter Bauer. I found them irresistible despite the price; and it's one pack per wagon too.

David

· Premium Member
482 Posts
Hi all,
I got a nice rake of Royal Bavarian K-BAY coaches from Marklin to go with my Trix STS.B S 2/6

Very nice coaches, but could only get them with AC wheel sets. I have ordered the DC wheel sets and interior lighting kits, and have temporarily fitted some wheels from older coaches so I could get them
on the track.

Regards
Alan

921 - 940 of 1531 Posts