Model Railway Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1524 Posts

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
I came across this pair of 'out of production' models and couldn't resist:

A Roco OBB rolling road wagon with load:

I don't care much for the load so I have replaced it with this:

as car / van transporters are a frequent sight on the Brenner - Worgl rolling road trains.

The other wagon is a Rocky Rail Sdggmrs wagon carrying a pair of Arcese trailers. These are frequently seen on the Brenner Pass so this pair will go nicely with the Roco set I have:

Roco model a different design of Sdggmrs so there will be some variation in the train:

David

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi David,

Very nice additions. I love the look of the Twin pocketwagon.

I found a gem of a website (Italian so need to use google translate) about intermodal transport. If you go to the specials tab there are various articles on the history and design of the various types used. A very useful reference.

Cheers

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
Thanks for that reference.

David

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (alanoes @ 12 Aug 2018, 06:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all
Well, it arrived and what a fantastic set it is. The Trix 21928 Rhinegold 1928 Consists of a BR 18.5 class express loco, 1X SB4uk-28 2nd class coach with galley, 1X SA4u-28 1st class coach without galley,
1X SA4uk-28 1st class coach with galley, 1X SB4u-28 2nd class coach without galley, and 1X SPw4u-28 baggage car.
Mine is set No 223 of a word wide limited edition of 699 sets.
The loco is fitted with sound decoder that operates the loco lights, built in smoke generator and many other sound functions, in fact there are 31 in total. If anyone knows how to get past the standard 24 buttons
built into Z21(black) or the 28 function buttons built into the Train Controller Gold software, or the 19, I think it is, in the multiMAUS I would be grateful to know.
In addition, there is a separate sound decoder in the baggage car (that has to be programmed with a separate address), that operates the coach lighting and other sound functions ,13 in all including popping
champagne corks and clinking glasses
Beautifully detailed set including illuminated table lamps in the coaches.

I will try to do a video in the next couple of days.
Regards
Alan
Nice work. They haven't done many sets with a loco.
Love the plum colour - The Brawa single baggage cars should match that.
I have the metal reproduction set from M* in the later blue colour.

·
What do I put here&#33;?&#33;
883 Posts
QUOTE (alanoes @ 7 Sep 2018, 21:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all
Just received the latest edition to my Prussian fleet
The Fleischmann 411773 DCC sound S10.1 of the KPEV

Nice heavy, well detailed loco with good sounds.

Regards
Alan
Hello Alan,
A stupendous model, well done!
I have an earlier version with regular digital control, I don't think I can afford to upgrade it for a long while yet as I did an upgrade to sound, of my Prussian T10 and the older model took nearly a year to sell so I'm happy for now.
Wish I could though!
John.

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (alanoes @ 1 Aug 2018, 09:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,
I got a nice rake of Royal Bavarian K-BAY coaches from Marklin to go with my Trix STS.B S 2/6

Very nice coaches, but could only get them with AC wheel sets. I have ordered the DC wheel sets and interior lighting kits, and have temporarily fitted some wheels from older coaches so I could get them
on the track.

Regards
Alan
Hi Alan,
That's a bit bizarre, from my prespective. I have the Brawa 'original' livery S2/6 in 3-rail version:
A few years back now I bought the TRIX carriages to go with it:
The Trix cars seem to have a darker roof. They are all from the same molds, as far as I know.

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (alanoes @ 8 Sep 2018, 08:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all
Just received the latest edition to my Prussian fleet
The Fleischmann 411773 DCC sound S10.1 of the KPEV

Nice heavy, well detailed loco with good sounds.

Regards
Alan

Hi Alan,
I wanted this loco, but maybe have missed out on the 3rail version by now.
This T18 Fleischmann (3R) is from the 2007 'Mitropa' night train pack (1813?)It has been at the bottom of my wishlist for about 5 years and I finally picked it up from Seyfried's.

Apologies for the poor quality pic. Also hoping that that stopped me from posting it already.A nice model, that was worth the wait. For pulling a Marklin set of 3 pairs of 3-axle coaches.

Adrian

·
Untitled
472 Posts
QUOTE (alanoes @ 24 Jul 2018, 09:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,
Saw this and couldn't resist it

Its the Trix 22966 K.BAY STS.B S 2/6 of the Royal Bavarian State Railway circa 1910-12 and ran on the Palatine Western Rhine Network.
Nice sounds and light effects . I have ordered a smoke generator for it, but they seem to be in short supply

Regards

Alan
Hi Alan,
It it a great colour.
The Brawa Pfalzbahn were way out of my price range, so I settled on the polished steel version.

I have to settle for Marklin's two Pfalzbahn packs from afew years back now.

Loco set comes with four freight cars. 1997 set comes with 2 coaches, two freight cars.

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
Recent arrivals with an Austrian flavour.

ACME Bcmz couchette cars in Nightjet livery:

A comparison of the ACME and Roco interpretation of the Nightjet livery. The shades of blue are slightly different. The printing on the ACME is heavier

And yet another double pocket wagon. This time it's a T3000 by Piko in Wacosa livery with the ubiquitous LKW Walter trailers.

The most obvious feature which distinguishes these from the T2000 is the raised section in the center of each well to provide support for short containers. On the Piko model there are hinged feet which can be swung into place should you want to.

David

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi David,

Very nice additions again.

I think the Acme couchettes visually look better in that they look lower to the rail; the Roco couchette seems to have more of an air gap between the chassis and the bogies giving the impression of high leggedness even though both brands side by side seem to have the same overall height with respect to the rail top.

The T3000 pocket wagon looks great too.

Have had some deliveries as well recently following in the Austrian vein will post here at some point.

Cheers

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
Another arrival was the OBB liveried version of the Piko measurement car. As we had photos of this recently I have made the video below. The first part shows the measurement car at the head of a pocket wagon train. The second part then switches to the cab of the loco with the output from the Piko measurement car being displayed on the phone app next to it. I wasn't able to get the PC version of the app running at the same time as the loco viewer app.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/_YgR99XoaN8?rel=0

David

·
C55
2,646 Posts
Hi David,
Good informative video, thank you for posting it, and shows a good long layout.

I'm curious about the noise that was being recorded, I couldn't quite make out what it was. I guessed it was engine related, as it seemed to rise and then level out, or was it part of other equipment. Excuse me for lacking in knowledge of these Locos.

Kind regards

Julian

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi Julian,

The sound is the loco as you guessed. The Siemens Euro Sprinters ES64 U (Ã-BB Rh 1016) ES64 U2 (Ã-BB Rh 1116) have been nicknamed Taurus; these particular locos are identifiable by the musical scaling caused by the thyristors. Here is a link to an amazing example where wheel slip causes them to sound more melodic.

Cheers

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
There were two sound locos running during the video:

* The Roco 1116 which has the very characteristic start up sound you heard as the video switched to the cab view.
* The Fleischmann Velaro 407 - See Siemens sales pitch here

I filmed the video in two sections using my DSLR so there will be changes in sound as the distance between the locos and the cameras varies. The layout is about 9 meters long and the camera was about the quarter point. For the filming of the cab view I was on the floor. According to the Piko measurement car one lap of that circuit is 20.5 meters. I have painted and ballasted one side and both ends. The third side will eventually become a station where alternative routes will become possible. In the final plan it will be possible to make three circuits where only about 5 meters will be traversed twice.

I really like the sound of the 1116. Some of the later Roco models have a different sound chip and the frequency of the sound is speed dependent so you can play tunes with it.

The outwardly similar OBB 1216 locos which are also DC capable for travel into Italy don't sing. They are much more like the Velaro and I suspect may share a lot of the locomotive components.

The reason for two trains is that I have nowhere else to store them. You may have noticed the other line was mostly full and I seem to have a lot of permanently coupled train sets.

David

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi,

Here follows some photos of the recently released OeBB Bcmz modular couchettes type 73 59-91.2 from LS Models.

They have made 3 variants in various sets of pairs and singles with different liveries. What follows are 77151, 77155 and 77159; 77150 I am still waiting to receive this but is basically the same as 77155.

Starting with 77151 these are with the wortemark but with the classic ultramarine blue and grey livery:

Here on the cabin side (first photo directly above) LS Models have do variations with blinds half/fully drawn and not drawn, which is nice to see again, in fact this has been executed in all variants of this particular couchette.

77155 is basically same as 77151 but with slight variation in markings as well as having a distict wortemark and pflatsh:

Finally 77159, this is the only modular couchette in the prototype with the Rolf Rudiger livery:

All the couchettes above come with brake hoses and hooks; I mentioned before that this may be setting a trend in N and recently Fleischmann's released Vectrons also have the option to have brake hoses along with hook and screw couplings.

As I understand LS Models will soon be releasing the Bcmz 73 59-91.1, technically the last missing form for a couchette (see David's Night Jet version a few posts up) and Bmz 2nd class passenger cars. These will assist greatly in putting the last missing pieces of an OeBB fleet. I'm still debating whether to go for the Night Jet sets specially made for Lemke representing rakes from 2016.

For those interested in the Orient Express epoch III in N the two sets 79170 & 79173 released recently by LS Models are mind blowing when one looks at the interiors; the best I've ever seen.

Cheers

·
Administrator
10,033 Posts
Those coaches look really nice.

David

·
LongHairedDavid
131 Posts
Having had to drop my N Gauge British layout - Pennvale Sands - I have now ventured into Marklin HO with a delivery of my first "Train Set".

I am reverting back to my old Blog at Gentle Model Railways where there is an explanation and from now a continuing story.

David

Attachments

981 - 1000 of 1524 Posts