Model Railway Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1524 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
And now the latest Roco Swedish Rc3 locomotive has arrived this evening. A quick test on DC showed it was silky smooth, so a Zimo PLuX22 decoder was fitted and the various light functions tried out. SJ 1065 is posed here on a mixed freight train.

I ordered this from Modellbahnshop Lippe on the 10th of October, whereas there is a DB push-pull Interregio set I ordered from them in September that has still to arrive. That's not MSL's fault, it is the way the mails are at this end at present. I received Hornby Magazine and Model Rail magazine October and November issues (for both magazines) on the same day two weeks ago, then last week received Model Rail Summer edition and Hornby September issue, again on the same day. Just odd!

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
Like it very much

I am so used to watching videos of similar cargo trains on the Brenner Pass that it didn't strike me that the train was particularly long until it re-appeared in the background quite soon after leaving the foreground. It took me by surprise because I had my 'container spotting' hat on. Nice choices for a Scando train

David

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Thanks David. It is a fairly heavy train, but very free-rolling. It is as long as the loop it is stored in allows. I scoured the shops and eBay for suitable Scandinavian themed trailers, but I particularly wantd Carlsberg and Tuborg types, as we overtook a long train of such lorries and containers on our way out of Copenhagen a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Adding to that last post, I wanted some Carlsberg and Tuborg items, but only managed to get Carlsberg for the era I wanted.

Hot on the heels of that parcel, the September parcel from MSL arrived today. In t were a Piko Expert DB AG InterRegio set of three coaches with a BR 245 diesel, 245 011. Added to that, I had ordered a Roco Driving Trailer to go with the set, and a couple of sliding door wagons, one bogie DSB version and a 4-wheel DB type.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
QUOTE (hoonsou @ 4 Dec 2020, 09:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good looking loco's and stock Jeff. Have you tried any Swiss loco's with a 10 function Zimo and the complicated lighting options?

Thanks hoonsou. I don't have any up to date Swiss models. All of my SBB locomotives have been older models, some of which were not even DCC-ready.

I do have a couple of German models using PLuX22 decoders, one of which (a BR 112) uses 8 functions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I already have a small collection of East German era IV passenger cars made by Piko precursor Schicht in the 1960s and 70s. This week, I added two more cars to that collection, both a sleeping car and a couchette car in Czechoslovakian State Railway livery.

These cars, bought very cheaply from an Australian eBay seller, are in surprisingly great condition. So far, almost all the Schicht cars I bought have some sort of breakage, be it missing buffers, or steps. These two have no breakage or damage that I can see. I don't know if the interior lights still work, but since I plan on upgrading them all to LED lighting, that doesn't matter much anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,213 ·
Hi Everyone Not been on here very much Busy planning the Garden Layout. Have a few purchase in the last few months in G Scale
First one is the Ballenburg Engine which is based at Interlaken Ost not far from the main Platform which you can visit it is a Cog Engine and it has Massoth Digital installed with Sound and Smoke I have a Set of carriages for it and they really look the part. future pics.

The other lok i bought is one of the Glacier Express in G Scale which came out a few months ago that has Digital Sound and Pantographs cannot wait to run it next year

Hope you like them
Babs

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
I was lucky enough to have a journey behind another loco in this class over the Brunig Pass back in 2006.

A good day despite the intense rain which fell for most of outward journey.

David

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Hi DWB & Alan I am very lucky to have what I gave got.
Dwb Thanks for the pic interesting number of the Dampf in your picture, because my partner and I visited the Shed where the Ballenburg engine lives. One of the Guys who was part of the Restoration Team let us have a look around the shed and engine. We bought some gifts they were selling to help with there Restoration.like mugs and so on The Mug I have has your Engine Number 1067 and my Model has 1068 when i looked on Wiki they were both on there. I am glad i bought the carriages as well it really looks the business. The engine runs really nice so looking forward to next summer. Thank you both for your interest. Babs Stay safe & Keep well

1201 - 1220 of 1524 Posts