Model Railway Forum banner
1321 - 1340 of 1400 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,322 ·
Hi all,
Latest purchase is the Trix 25097 "BR 95.0" and a couple of sets of Trix 23147's "Silberlinge " coach sets to accompany it.

Regards
Alan
Hi Alan Like your latest Purchase of Trix i do like the very Big German Tank Dampf's there isjust something to me that say's They have Great Power. I would really like a set of Silberlinge coaches. Trix does not seem to do a Baggage car or driving Trailer I was thinking along the lines of the Brawa version And having my V200/220's Hauling them, complete with lighting of course. Enjoy. Babs

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Hi all,
Here's another one for you Babs, Trix 22875 BR 078 hauling a selection of Trix DB coaches 23170 (2nd class control car) 2 X 23160 (2nd class) and a 23120 (1st/2nd class)
So far not too impressed with the coach lighting, all the coaches are electrically connected to the control car which uses DCC control to switch its own lights on plus separate command to switch other connected coaches. But the connecting couplers don't seem to make a great connection so lighting in front 3 coaches is a bit hit and miss :(
I will have a little play with them, but they seem quite delicate so don't want to pull them about too much.

Regards
Alan

·
Administrator
9,893 Posts
That's a great whistle!

David

Reactions: John Edge

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Hi Alan Thank you When i lived in Germany i used to travel in Green Coaches just like them IIRC. They were not very comfortable.Love the Br78 with sound and smoke.
Thanks Babs,
The BR95.0 was supposed to have smoke generator fitted, according to MSL's description. But when it arrived, it wasn't and the Trix manual stated it wasn't a factory fitted item and had to be purchased separately. so I have had to order a smoke unit from a different source. Of all the locos I have, this one should come with fitted smoke, as without it, when the front lights are on the light bleeds up through the funnel opening :confused:

I have emailed MSL about the description error, but so far have not heard anything back.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,329 ·
Thanks Babs,
The BR95.0 was supposed to have smoke generator fitted, according to MSL's description. But when it arrived, it wasn't and the Trix manual stated it wasn't a factory fitted item and had to be purchased separately. so I have had to order a smoke unit from a different source. Of all the locos I have, this one should come with fitted smoke, as without it, when the front lights are on the light bleeds up through the funnel opening :confused:

I have emailed MSL about the description error, but so far have not heard anything back.
Regards
Alan
Alan Thanks for that. I have had a few problems as of late with lighting issues in loks. I am waiting for one to come back from MSL.
The Quality control on my last order was very poor Cracked Brawa boxes Trix lighting issues. Not good. I suppose if the Seuthe smoke generator was in place you would not have known about the lighting issue. Still a very nice Dampf. Enjoy. Babs

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Alan Like your latest Purchase of Trix i do like the very Big German Tank Dampf's there isjust something to me that say's They have Great Power. I would really like a set of Silberlinge coaches. Trix does not seem to do a Baggage car or driving Trailer I was thinking along the lines of the Brawa version And having my V200/220's Hauling them, complete with lighting of course. Enjoy. Babs
I think the Brawa version is the best available but they tend to sell out quite quickly as they are much in demand. I opted for the Piko version, the roof ribs are a bit heavy and the hand rails moulded on but I got them for a good price. The Trix two coach set is a special set designed to represent one of the short cross border workings between East and West Germany, I think these services were introduced on a number of routes following an improvement in cold war relations in the 70's, possibly after the signing of the Helsinki accord. The Trix Silberlinge is I believe under scale length. I have the Trix BR95 and it's a fine beast of a loco

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Alan Thank you When i lived in Germany i used to travel in Green Coaches just like them IIRC. They were not very comfortable.Love the Br78 with sound and smoke.
Yes, I'd agree that they aren't too comfortable on a long journey, when first introduced, the Silberlinge were used on some long routes too, including the interzonal trains. One route was Chemnitz to Cologne!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Alan Thanks for that. I have had a few problems as of late with lighting issues in loks. I am waiting for one to come back from MSL.
The Quality control on my last order was very poor Cracked Brawa boxes Trix lighting issues. Not good. I suppose if the Seuthe smoke generator was in place you would not have known about the lighting issue. Still a very nice Dampf. Enjoy. Babs
Problem solved (y)

Regards
Alan

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yes, I'd agree that they aren't too comfortable on a long journey, when first introduced, the Silberlinge were used on some long routes too, including the interzonal trains. One route was Chemnitz to Cologne!
Did they expect people to ride for the whole length of the route?

The reason I ask is because we have a very long tram route near us in Melbourne (about 23 km), but it was never intended or expected that people would ride the whole length of the route, but rather, they would only do local trips along shorter sections of the route. Out of curiosity, my wife and I have ridden the whole length, and after more than an hour and a half on fairly hard, uncomfortable seats, it is not something I would recommend. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Did they expect people to ride for the whole length of the route?

The reason I ask is because we have a very long tram route near us in Melbourne (about 23 km), but it was never intended or expected that people would ride the whole length of the route, but rather, they would only do local trips along shorter sections of the route. Out of curiosity, my wife and I have ridden the whole length, and after more than an hour and a half on fairly hard, uncomfortable seats, it is not something I would recommend. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's a good question, it was certainly intended as a long distance train, D1450. Doubt many people would have done the entire route but would likely have involved some lengthy stretches. They were also used on the Hamburg to Berlin interzonal trains too

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Hi David It is very nice rake of Coaches indeed. The part of your new layout looks great with them on.
Has anybody gone for the new Trix Surprise Lok link below. I have ordered one from MSL.Looks a fantastic Model. Babz

Yes Babs, my order for the 02 was placed within minutes,

Some years ago, at the Nurnberg toyfair, I came really close to buying the Lemke brass model of this loco. They were selling off a load of models on their stand at knock down rates. Unfortunately this particular 02 model had just been bought by a chap who I spotted walking away from the stand as I arrived. So near yet so far but now, several years later all those years of hurt will be forgotten when my new Trix loco is delivered .............. I am told by this coming Christmas. Now what can possibly go wrong ............... Covid, Brexit intensifying customs difficulties, not enough made to satisfy all would be purchasers and I am deemed to be at the back of the queue.

To quote Luck of the Legion, "courage mon brave".......................... if my memory serves me right.

Best regards ........................ Greyvoices (alias John)

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,336 ·
Hi Everyone I hope the 02 does materialise i have 2 Roco ones already but the Trix one looks Superb.
Today I ordered a Rake of Brawa Silberlinge Coaches with lighting installed and the end car is Digital with lights. My V200/220's will look great with them.
Babs

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Silberlinge coaches should indeed look great behind your V200/220.

Just to clarify, the Trix 02 is a different locomotive to the Roco 02. The Roco one is 02 0201-0, which was formerly 18 201 before the renumbering. The Trix one is 02 0314-1, formerly 18 314 and a different beast altogether, although it was also a VEM-M Halle test locomotive. The model looks superb, as does the Roco 02 too

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,338 ·
The Silberlinge coaches should indeed look great behind your V200/220.

Just to clarify, the Trix 02 is a different locomotive to the Roco 02. The Roco one is 02 0201-0, which was formerly 18 201 before the renumbering. The Trix one is 02 0314-1, formerly 18 314 and a different beast altogether, although it was also a VEM-M Halle test locomotive. The model looks superb, as does the Roco 02 too
Simon Thank you for that info , I had not realised they were different and that makes the Trix one even more special. Thank You. Babs

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Just arrived today, amazingly after being sent from Sweden on Tuesday a week ago: a Jeco SJ X2000 set. The basic set has the power car plus three trailers, including the driving trailer, but I added a Bistro car as well to create a 5-car set. I also opted for the Zimo sound decoder, factory fitted.

The glossy box and packaging give a very good first impression too. The power car has a good amount of weight built-in to its metal chassis, and the finish on it and all of the coaches is also impressive. I do find the SJ grey scheme a little dull, but that's the livery I saw them in when I was in Copenhagen.

A quick test and a couple of CV tweaks saw it running faultlessly around Newton Broadway. The sound was very loud, so I adjusted the master volume, CV266 from its default of 65 down to 25. I also tweaked CVs 3 and 4 to reduce acceleration and deceleration and make them slightly more gentle than the defaults settings. The red tail lights are pre-set on this decoder to flash.

1321 - 1340 of 1400 Posts