Model Railway Forum banner
1341 - 1348 of 1348 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I had a little fun translating the instruction sheet into English. I used Google Translator then tried to rephrase bits and fix up some odd anomalies that crept in where Google didn't quite get it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
just after ordering mine, I saw one on eBay for around two-thirds of the price: the catch being it was AC powered.

:rolleyes::D
Yeah, that is a catch. Apparently changing models from AC to DC is not at all trivial, so by the time you've spent the time and money, you probably haven't saved much.

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
Converting the axles under the non-powered coaches would be expensive.
I bought a second hand 'deep pocket' wagon while on holiday in Germany without thinking to check what voltage it was. Replacing all six axles made it less of a bargain ...

David

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tell me about it. I have a bunch of Märklin beer carriages sitting here that still need new axles. I knew that when I bought them, but still, that expense will have to wait.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Tell me about it. I have a bunch of Märklin beer carriages sitting here that still need new axles. I knew that when I bought them, but still, that expense will have to wait.
There are a couple of wagons in the Märklin range that I want (also with a beer theme!), that don't seem to be in the equivalent Trix range, but having priced the replacement wheelsets, I decided against buying the Märklin versions.

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
The history of both locomotives is quite complicated and was a result of the DR's need for a fast locomotive to run tests on the newer coach designs being produced.
Perhaps a couple of images will be useful:

The familair Roco model of 02 0201-0 as it looked in Epoch IV through to present day (although for a brief period in Epoch V it was painted red).

Motor vehicle Vehicle Building Asphalt Automotive exterior

............ and this is the advance photograph of the TRIX 02 0314-1

Wheel Train Land vehicle Vehicle Rolling stock

Best regards .................... Greyvoices (alias John)

1341 - 1348 of 1348 Posts