Model Railway Forum banner
1481 - 1488 of 1488 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
[QUOTE

I know its not German, but liked the look of it :)
Does anyone know a source for Dutch outline coaches (epoch 5or earlier) as I'm having no luck searching the internet so far.
Regards
Alan
[/QUOTE]

Well it would look pretty odd with Dutch coaches Alan, you need Danish coaches for this loco of the DSB.
You should be able to find some, there are even some Danish rolling stock manufacturers out there. Will get back to you with some suggestions within 24h. Maybe Matrix might even bring out a set in the coming months....
This engine would have been seen at the DB border station with Denmark, near Flensburg, swapping locos on the expresses to Hamburg. I think I have pictures somewhere.
Cheers,
PS Of course, you could always make a model of the Holland-Skandinavien Express, which had a few Dutch wagons and Postwagons in the formation, but you'd still need some Danish wagons and a few DB wagons to complete the train.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
[QUOTE

I know its not German, but liked the look of it :)
Does anyone know a source for Dutch outline coaches (epoch 5or earlier) as I'm having no luck searching the internet so far.
Regards
Alan
Well it would look pretty odd with Dutch coaches Alan, you need Danish coaches for this loco of the DSB.
You should be able to find some, there are even some Danish rolling stock manufacturers out there. Will get back to you with some suggestions within 24h. Maybe Matrix might even bring out a set in the coming months....
This engine would have been seen at the DB border station with Denmark, near Flensburg, swapping locos on the expresses to Hamburg. I think I have pictures somewhere.
Cheers,
PS Of course, you could always make a model of the Holland-Skandinavien Express, which had a few Dutch wagons and Postwagons in the formation, but you'd still need some Danish wagons and a few DB wagons to complete the train.
[/QUOTE]
OOPS, Thanks for the correction 6991, I was searching for DSB coaches so wouldn't have got the wrong ones, just a bit of brain fuzz on my part. Apologies to our Danish and Dutch friends.
So far all I've managed to find is some isolated single coaches on the 2nd hand market, not overly fussed about 2nd hand, but would like to find a nice rake of 4/6 coaches, so any further advice would be most welcome.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,486 · (Edited)
Hi Alan Nice good addition to the rake. I bought the BRAWA Reko versions 45391/ 45392 in different colours.My rakes are Shorter in length at the time I was planning a Smaller layout.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I hadn't planned on any acquisitions in the short term, but I couldn't walk past this one:

I picked up this set of Rivarossy Y/B carriages of the DR Era IV for a very good price. Included are three compartment cars and a salon car as operated in tourist and charter trains from about 1982, as far as I have been able to find out. Really happy with this purchase.

1481 - 1488 of 1488 Posts