Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Nothing wrong with Showbus, I've been a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it. I won't say too much or Brian will start taking the p again.

regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 9 May 2008, 07:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was that in the days you had a moustache, carried a clipboard & wore a raincoat ?

Yes - I even bought a Bristol Lodekka in the correct livery to remind myself of my glory days!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (41235 @ 9 May 2008, 22:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A Bristol Lodekka, now that is a nice bus. One thing in the now preserved bus world that windes me up is Routemasters, ok they are an icon, a part of Londons transport, but when you hear people talking about buses nine times out of ten it is the Routemaster they mean.

I couldn't agree more about the RM and in fact I don't even possess a model of one. I actually model the buses of my local area (East Kent) from the twenties through to Stagecoach. Well at least Stagecoach still occasionally paint their vehicles in the traditional maroon and cream. In fact they actually have at least one preserved vehicle - a sixties AEC Regent V with Park Royal body. I believe that attends bus rallies, keep an eye up for it.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts