Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi All,

As a change to a trains going around the tree this year i decided to have a loco on the fireplace using a shuttle unit Measuring 48'' X 3'' on an MDF base with cork underlay it runs back and forwards every 30 seconds

An industrial building at one end with lights and towards the back will brighten it up ........ a point leads off to the platform end with wagons.

Better watching the loco than watchin Singing in the rain or the sound of music for the umpteenth time this Christmas
and an interesting way of running in some locos

Here are a few snaps .......... sorry they are a little out of focus better pics next time

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Sounds like a nice idea to me. Look forward to seeing it when its finished.

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
After all the wiring and lights have been squeezed in ....... ballast scenic materials have been added the layout is nearly complete and ready for display, the SW9 loco runs well with 3 70 ton hoppers.

A little more weatheirng of the building and rails is needed.

Being a long stretch its hard to photograph in one go so the pics are in order along its length.

Over the weekend if the light is good enough i'll try and do a vid.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Very nice one Mr. Upnick.

Great idea for having a 'sort of layout' at home.

Must try it.

What a forum (when I get the time and the peace and quiet to browse)

Basil

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Well John's supplied the main actor's reference number, so you've got to have him now?

... and keeping the US spirit of things at this time how about a red and white coke related reefer or something

David

PS. Great scenic transformation from the initial track thing

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great idea as an addition John but not sure if i ould get it in time now ......

*** David had a route through my cars here no coke ones i knew i should have bought the Coke reefer trailer i saw a while ago

Though in the building there are two types of LED's on seperate switches ...... clear and multi coloured for a difference flashing so its the christmas party going on in there

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE I had a minute Christmas tree with lights somewhere that would be perfect to add

I think Noch do one of these.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Excellent effect Nick, and certainly a different Christmas decoration.

QUOTE (dwb @ 20 Dec 2008, 11:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think Noch do one of these.

They certainly do.

Regards

·
Ex-member
1,051 Posts
By the look of things, if the Weihnachtsfräulein mit Glöckchen is going to be making a cameo, you'd best remove all but the red lights from that Christmas Tree...

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi All i trust you all had a good

As i decided a change for the lights on the tree the little layout here has been going well over the festive period

In the factory there is a
going on toward the end of the video

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Expat,

The loco hasnt come off the end of the layout ive been lucky as it is a tile hearth it would land on

1 - 19 of 19 Posts