Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What is the correct date from when colour lights are suitable for a layout? I've heard various opinons and even as far back as the late 20s. I suppose what I'm asking is would they be suitable on an LMS/ LNER layout?. As is obvious, signalling is not my strongpoint!

Thx,

Cudders

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Cudders.

We have a sub-forum devoted to signalling matters both prototype and model in 'Signalling' in the 'Track, Layout and Scenery' forum which is our effort to gather all posts about signals together. (Sorry don't seem able to make a link to it!)

I'll check through some of my reference books and post a reply to your questions later today.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='John Webb' date='1 Jul 2007, 09:24' post='31364']
Cudders.

We have a sub-forum devoted to signalling matters both prototype and model in 'Signalling' in the 'Track, Layout and Scenery' forum which is our effort to gather all posts about signals together. (Sorry don't seem able to make a link to it!)

OOPS!

Sorry, I thought that was more to do specifically with layouts rather than prototype info. Now I know

Cudders

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I've started a new topic in the Signalling section A brief history of Colour Light Signalling which I will hope will be of help to you.

It will also get you into the Signalling Forum where you may find other items of interest in this area - one topic includes a list of various books I've found helpful for both prototype and model signals.

Regards,
John Webb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts