Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made up my mind I finally know what I want to model.
It's not a Kings Cross like station... or a four track suburban mainline...
No... What about the seawall... Dawlish it is

But where can I buy UK N scale signals?

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
QUOTE What about the seawall... Dawlish it is
Good choice.

Can't help with the signals though

David

·
Registered
882 Posts
QUOTE (EWS 58038 @ 29 Jun 2007, 21:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But where can I buy UK N scale signals?
In the past I would have recommended Roger Murray, but orders need to be to spec now

So I am now recommending :
http://www.askinnovation.co.uk/modelrailway.htm
Some retailers have their stock at exhibitions, so haggle hard
They won't publish a price list, well not one that I have seen anyway!

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (EWS 58038 @ 29 Jun 2007, 21:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I made up my mind I finally know what I want to model.

I believe CCH Models of Essex sell Berko signals 01255 814639.

HTH

Cudders

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (M8 INTERNET @ 14 Jul 2007, 08:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Eckon / Berko signals on their website, but no pictures, and it is only the replacement bulbs and LEDs

Strange - they are still listed, kits & assembled in our trade printed catalogue.

·
Registered
421 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 14 Jul 2007, 09:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Strange - they are still listed, kits & assembled in our trade printed catalogue.Yes ditto my trade catalogue, but they are usually out of stock, I've been waiting for some for two years now! I joke about it with their Rep. I am trying to source a more reliable supply but so far no luck for N scale.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I was after some Berko/Eckon signals last week (00, not N I have to say). Gaugemaster did have them listed on their website, but about a third were 'temporarily out of stock', including the ones I wanted. A model railway retailer in Hertfordshire when I visited their shop said that they had tried to stock the Berko/Eckon range a couple of years ago. They'd ordered some twenty varities of signals and precisely three turned up! Despite chasing, they had not received the rest and had given up on them.

So it seems there are problems either with the manufacture of the signals and/or their distribution.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
642 Posts
QUOTE (EWS 58038 @ 29 Jun 2007, 21:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I made up my mind I finally know what I want to model.

I can definately recommend cr signals as I have had some of his products before and they are really good

http://www.crsignals.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts