Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 13 May 2008, 19:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rails of Sheffield are offering these as a buy it now on Ebay for £59.50.

David

Excellent website and beautiful layout. Wunderbar. I lived near Koln a number of years ago and enjoyed travelling on the trains to and from Dusseldorf.

Will keep an eye on your site

lots of inspiration.

Vielen danke

Basil

P.S. Rails of Sheffield are one of the better e bay shops

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the kind comments on my website, not much happening at present I am afraid, the layout is still in storage after the house move.
Giving me time to do valuable research and collect my thoughs on how I want the layout to develope.
Just to add Rails have some seriously cheap offers on Liliput coaches on Ebay at present.

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 13 May 2008, 19:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rails of Sheffield are offering these as a buy it now on Ebay for £59.50.

David
Hard cheese for any retailers who bought any of these (& the other offerings) at normal trade prices.

Short term OK for the modeller, but is dumping stock good for the hobby & trade in the long term ?

Good reason not to stock Liliput in the future.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hattons are also offering some Lilliput bargins at present. Presumably this is slow moving/poor selling stock which Bachmann Europe are clearing out . Its surprising Bachmann are trying to dispose of this in the UK market- you might have assumed the German market would be less affected by the economic climate and that there would be more buyers there - as well as being accustomed to paying more money than this.

The fact Rails are sticking them on ebay, which normally seems to be their way of disposing of second hand suggests nobody wants these models

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am modelling DB Epoche III and am overjoyed with whats on offer, as it has allowed the making up of Epoche IIIa trains very cheaply indeed! Example a Ten coach express train for ninety quid
and a four coach F train for Fifty seven
All with the correct prototype formations
Bring it on Liliput
Thank you!

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 4 Jun 2008, 16:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am modelling DB Epoche III and am overjoyed with whats on offer, as it has allowed the making up of Epoche IIIa trains very cheaply indeed!

So you see every cloud has a silver lining (cue for a song there somewhere I'm sure)

Regards

·
Registered
89 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 4 Jun 2008, 16:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So you see every cloud has a silver lining (cue for a song there somewhere I'm sure)

Regards

Some very good models on offer. I'm not sure why the price crash but my advice is not to miss anything in there that you need.

Models are generally excellent and I'm sure that once this clearance has finished, prices will go back up to earlier levels.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (adecoaches26point4 @ 5 Jun 2008, 01:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am modelling DB Epoche III and am overjoyed with whats on offer, as it has allowed the making up of Epoche IIIa trains very cheaply indeed! Example a Ten coach express train for ninety quid
and a four coach F train for Fifty seven
All with the correct prototype formations
Bring it on Liliput
Thank you!

David
Lucky you David, I'm mainly an Epoch I & II man so I lost out a bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts