Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having waited in vain for Hornby (or someone!) to release the Class 28 Metro Vick as a new rtr offering I am considering forking out the extra on the Silver Fox model.

Can any forum users inform me on the quality of the Silver Fox range?

What are they like as runners? How do the motors compare to contemporary rtr stock? What are the paint jobs like? Are they worth the extra money?

Any comments most appreciated!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Most of the silverfox range use Hornby or Bachmann motor bogies or chassis's the bodywork is resin & the models are decent but they are expensive.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I built Falcon before Heljan did one and I understand their RTR stuff is on existing chassis from Hornby etc. I thought he quality of the resin moulding was brilliant.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The actual quality of the resin moulding is very good but you may want to put in some extra effort to do things like separate handrails as they are moulded on, at least on the class 22 I have, and on the 10201 a mate showed me in its raw form. Additionally, I had to drill and file out thesolid side engine room door windows on the 22. Another friend has Kestrel and that had moulded on handrails and the engine room windows in the roof cantrail were solid.

Don't be put off by this as the resin is easy to work with and drills and files easily.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

I reckon I'll order me one next month. Will be worth conducting some detailing on it by the sound of it.

Any further comments welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts