Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

Dont want to steal your article just need some help and I think your doing a wonderful job, love all the detail you have gone to and even better the time you can spare. Brilliant work!

I am also doing a 6 coach Silver Jubilee and I was wondering if you could help me with colours for the interior of the 1st 2nd 3rd class coaches. I have painted the interior doors choc brown wood panels light brown the seats cream but have since found out that this may be wrong etc. Coaches will have lights I got from DCC concepts in Perth who buy the way stock just about everything you could dream of. You want to see some of the stuff he has made and sells.

Driver & Fireman added

Lights on front of loco

I am adding a smoke generator and a loksound 3.5 + lights as this loco has plenty of room in it.

Also I plan on putting a red brake light on the rear of the tender, Question, did they have one here and if so which side?

Many thanks

Martin

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

For me Brian it is a little bit of space at the moment and what I am doing is painting the interior of the hornby jubilee coaches. I could only manage to get 6 but would love to build a Jubilee Restaurant Triple. Could I see some pics of yours please. I saw one that Richard did at dcc concepts and it was fantastic to see a built coach in the flesh. Im doing HO/OO or Hornby but when my soldering gets up to speed I will have a crack at one of the kits.

Thanks for that John on the red light, it only comes on when the loco goes in reverse and I can switch it of if I dont want it on. I found a spot which looks like its a mount for a light on the tender beside the steps. I have also put a red light on the rear brake coach which is always on.

You mentioned Richard about the flickering firebox, yes I will do that thats a great idea. When you got your new place up and running I will be down, when do you expect the new shop to be operational?

My last point is I have now added lights and 18 passanger's to the 1st class brake car. I spent a lot of time painting them + interior and getting it right only to discover you cant really see them under the (real) yellow goldy light they had back then. If I put in the blue/white you get to see much more detail but it looks.... well it just looks wrong. Little bit disappointed about that.

Anyway that how it is.

Martin

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Looking very good Brian

I bought the Hornby Silver Jubilee Train pack for 109 GB pounds and 3 extra coaches. I thought they were right but looking at a side view of yours which look great, they are not alike at all. Brian I have just got back into trains after a 20 yr break, work lifestyle etc. I have only being doing it for about 9 months now since my beautiful wife bought me the Hornby DCC pullman set as a surprise.

Where do you get your plastic kits from. I find them very flexable as in I can do what I want to a certain degree to them. I would love to build the Restaurant Triple and if that comes out good I might flog the rest off on ebay and do it like yours Brian.

I will post a couple more pics of the brake coach fitted with lights and brake light tomorrow.

Plastic kits no problem see below one I did and scratch built the top and bottom of the long wagon.

Richard plan to come down when your set up want to sigh up for your course and buy some more stuff from you.

Sorry once again for posting everything in one go.

Kind Regards,

Martin

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
My first Jubilee coach with interior work and brake lamp.

Thanks for that info, had a good think about it Brian and I really want to build my own now.

Are Copper Craft in the UK? or Australia? Did a search for them on the web.

Thanks will keep you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.