Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
You said:

Driver & Fireman added Lights on front of loco I am adding a smoke generator and a loksound 3.5 + lights as this loco has plenty of room in it. Also I plan on putting a red brake light on the rear of the tender, Question, did they have one here and if so which side?

**** Hi Martin, that looks great. Don't forget you will have enough functions on the LS 3.5 for all you want plus the "flickering firebox" as well... it only takes a change on one CV to activate it and an orange/yellow LED will work well.

Regards

Richard

PS - thanks for the kind words

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
You Said:

You mentioned Richard about the flickering firebox, yes I will do that thats a great idea. When you got your new place up and running I will be down, when do you expect the new shop to be operational?

My last point is I have now added lights and 18 passanger's to the 1st class brake car. I spent a lot of time painting them + interior and getting it right only to discover you cant really see them under the (real) yellow goldy light they had back then. If I put in the blue/white you get to see much more detail but it looks.... well it just looks wrong. Little bit disappointed about that.

*** We'll be there full time from Tuesday - one hell of a mess to sort and a wall to build but we'll be smiling - and spending lots of time trying to find things I expect!

Re the coach interior lights - they were never bright, but even though you can't see so much, the impression will be so much better with the passengers there... are U using yellow LEDs ?? Try golden/Prototype whites with somewhere between 2~6k ohms on each - it'll give lots of light but will keep the "warmth" you need in the lighting. I have plenty of them if U need - just call me to work out when, even throughout the move I can find them for you.

Re Soldering - I do hold soldering schools quite regularly - email me off list if you'd like to be added to the list for the next one - its usually 3 nights (same night each week for three weeks) from 7.30 to 10.30.

Not too erxxy, and they do seem to work well as one of my students took first place at an NMRA convention modelling contest with his first atempt after the schools so we must do something right - the same guy is now soldering some of the finest N scale whitemetal castings I've ever seen!

Regards

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.