Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks

As some of you know I am in the process of redesigning brass kit for the LNER silver jubilee.

I am having trouble finding detail shots of the windows. Spacifically the sliding top windows. I am not really satisfied with the origional design and if any of you have any pictures that would be relevant i would be most greatfull.

Peter

·
Registered
116 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 4 Oct 2008, 12:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello folks

As some of you know I am in the process of redesigning brass kit for the LNER silver jubilee.

I am having trouble finding detail shots of the windows. Spacifically the sliding top windows. I am not really satisfied with the origional design and if any of you have any pictures that would be relevant i would be most greatfull.

Peter

Hi
The only one I have hopefully it will help

(Copyright unknown) If you need a copy PM your email address

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Peter - can't post directly but will check a couple of old LNER works I have.

Regards

·
Ex-member
1,051 Posts
Glad I could help!

I unreservedly recommend the Crawley volume to any LNER modellers out there.

It is full of high quality B&W images, beautifully printed, and a fascinating reference. There are detailed footplate shots for a number of classes, an excellent section on Humourist's various smokebox incarnations, even reproductions of the publicity booklets for The Silver Jubilee, Coronation and West Riding Limited.

Cheers.

·
Ex-member
1,051 Posts

I got my copy (1st Edition) via Henry Wilson books in 2001. The proprietor, Harry, was aware I was interested in good quality photos of The Coronation, and in this book there are a couple of very nice shots including one of The West Riding Limited showing painting details on the coach ends. Harry was true gentleman, and looked after me even though I was a half a world away and didn't spend a King's Fortune with him. He was not in good health the last I know, but Henry Wilson Books is still trading.

Henry Wilson Books website

·
Registered
116 Posts
QUOTE (jukebox @ 10 Oct 2008, 09:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got my copy (1st Edition) via Henry Wilson books in 2001. The proprietor, Harry, was aware I was interested in good quality photos of The Coronation, and in this book there are a couple of very nice shots including one of The West Riding Limited showing painting details on the coach ends. Harry was true gentleman, and looked after me even though I was a half a world away and didn't spend a King's Fortune with him. He was not in good health the last I know, but Henry Wilson Books is still trading.

Henry Wilson Books website

thanks

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Peter

I had a look through my stuff and could only find general shots, however, one source which almost certainly has a good source of photos is the BBC hulton picture library.

Any help?

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you will find they were chrome plated as well ... most of the external bright bits were done that way ...it is the 30's and Decco era after all

regards John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts