Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 7 Sep 2007, 05:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've got to agree this is one area where Hornby have excelled themselves. Buildings at a quality and price that's difficult to replicate. Full marks to Hornby - when will they switch to 0 gauge ?.
I agree, they are very good buildings and good value. The only thing I would say is that they do not all seem to be the same scale.

Would the German ones be Skale Dorf?

There is already a huge amount of buildings available for the German market from Faller, Vollmer, Kibri etc so there is a fair bit of competition. I haven't seen much in the way of ready assembled so they may succeeed from that angle.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Robert Sands @ 24 Sep 2007, 02:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I must admit to using Skaledale items where appropriate on my HO layout as their quality and consistency is excellent- however they are not recognisable as being any particular origin.

My particular favourite is the superb Duha range direct from the factory- they accept credit cards and are beautifully packed. Wonderful truly central European prototypes that seem strange to our Western eyes, I would have thought that many of the Ep1&2 fans would have acquired this product in spades.
Do they have a website?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts