Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I suspect that the initial consideration of producing German style building is because the German market is frankly huge. Mind you I certainly wouldn't object to seeing some generic buildings in HO. I might even buy some!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 6 Sep 2007, 23:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is already a huge amount of buildings available for the German market from Faller, Vollmer, Kibri etc so there is a fair bit of competition. I haven't seen much in the way of ready assembled so they may succeeed from that angle.

In their most recent catalogu Faller have announced that they are offering some of their range prefinished and weathered - could this have prompted Hornby's thinking?

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Robert Sands @ 23 Sep 2007, 17:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I must admit to using Skaledale items where appropriate on my HO layout as their quality and consistency is excellent- however they are not recognisable as being any particular origin.

On the exhibition circuit down here within spitting distance of Hornby Towers (as I write) it is quite common to find people discussing where the originals of the buildings come from. I can safely say that a good number of them are within a very few miles of the facility. In fact one, I think called derelict house, was almost directly opposite the front doors. Don't bother looking for it now though it has been renovated and extended.

The buildngs are not superdetailed but it is easy enough to customise them.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts