Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Was taking a train from Brussels to Hasselt earlier today and on the platform was one of the SCNB's weed killer trains. The camera in the front is used to analyse whether there are any weeds on the track.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't be able to tell you much more than that, it was truly a chance happening and unfortunately our train was moved at the last minute a couple platforms away so I couldn't take more photos.

It essentially had a couple wagons of the type you see in the picture, and then a few tankers that must have contained the weed killing agent.

A very strange train in any case!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hunting the web to try and find some more information about the train and ended up finding a website all dedicated to it, with, cherry on top, more pictures of the train!

Good stuff!

See: http://www.weedfree.net/international/train/index.php

I remember you St. Laurentois were planning a trip to Belgium soon, do you guys have more details of your dates?

Ciao,

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Oh dear - I have a nasty feeling coming on that I may be "persuaded" to assist in the creation of an HO replica. Mind you the camera rig could be interesting!

Regards

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about that BRITHO

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
You're forgiven - I actually quite enjoy that sort of challenge.

Regards

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (Kimbo @ 11 May 2008, 09:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was hunting the web to try and find some more information about the train and ended up finding a website all dedicated to it, with, cherry on top, more pictures of the train!

Good stuff!

See: http://www.weedfree.net/international/train/index.php

I remember you St. Laurentois were planning a trip to Belgium soon, do you guys have more details of your dates?

Ciao,

real interesting and bonus to the environment. Ah I love good railway design (and the machinery that maintains it)

many thanks

Basil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts