Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to post some more pics of my layout, well here they are.
Please bare in mind that it's a long way from being finished and has'nt been touched for at least three years.

Phil

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi Phil.C,

Welcome to the forum

The pictures are excellent ........ i particularly like the milk float at the station can almost hear the bottles rattling in their crates

The road coming down on a curve has given me an idea for one of my layouts i have been puzzling over how to get a road in a small space but provide interest.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upnic,
Roads take a lot of space, mine is a single lane over the bridge, i've been meaning to put some trafic lights there but as I said I have'nt worked on this for many years.

Phil

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Phil, Your layout looks just great as it is, Would love to have a "play" with that. Great scenic work, I love the part of the engine shed and water tower etc. Well done mate, BRILLIANT

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just realised that the pictures were uploaded undersize,and there's no editing facility on that post for me to resize them!

Phil

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Phil the sizes look good to me mate!

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Hello.
Lovely layout with some great scenic areas.Model railways are like a virus,nothing for years then all of a sudden an outbreak.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Phil,

Really like the layout - it's a lot more finished than mine!

QUOTE (upnick @ 26 Mar 2009, 08:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i particularly like the milk float at the station can almost hear the bottles rattling in their crates

Know what you mean, I used to have the same toy as a kid, and have just bought the Oxford Bedford CA in Unigate colours, well I had to - Dad used to drive one in the 60's!

Regards

·
Registered
101 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 26 Mar 2009, 17:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Phil,

Really like the layout - it's a lot more finished than mine!

Know what you mean, I used to have the same toy as a kid, and have just bought the Oxford Bedford CA in Unigate colours, well I had to - Dad used to drive one in the 60's!

Regards#

and I bet yours is far, far more finished than mine ...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've just found a 60' concrete water cooler which is an important part of the pit scene...i'd forgotten all about it, i'll post some more pics later.

I have also noticed that after...(and it's not three years, it's five
) of not operating the layout, there are a few gremlins in the electrics.
It gets very hot in this loft in summer with some rail expantion. So, there is some work to be done there!!

Phil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts