Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
is asleep
758 Posts
What excellent models Mad Kitten!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us - it really is inspiring to see for those who want to make things themselves but aren't convinced that good results are possible at all or for them. Seeing them has really fired my imagination, and I'm sure it will for others too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great work ! and where did you get your lettering from cos i can never find them to fit mine .
I was going to post some pics but after seeing yours i think i need to do some more work on mine first ! and find the right button to get a pictures on
Did you have many problems with the moulding on the cattle truck cause i have made 3 now and it took more time with the file to get rid of the flashing than it did to build it but its worth it in the end
009 is under rated and the best scale to build in if you like to make life hard for youself but the rewards for all your hardwork is worth it your pictures prove that

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Teleman @ 31 Dec 2007, 23:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you have many problems with the moulding on the cattle truck cause i have made 3 now and it took more time with the file to get rid of the flashing than it did to build it but its worth it in the end

Yes it is very difficult kit because of the flashing - The lettering i use is HMRS pressfix transfers ( about 6.99 a sheet ) There arnt any as such for 009 but i just chop up all the sheets till i get the letters i want !!

009 Is by far the best I think although at the moment i am acctually collecting Hornby and Bachmann OO Gauge Diesels - For a modern Image Yard - I will be going straight back to 009 afterwards though!!! Have also been building a little bit of scratchbuilt 0-16.5 as well !!!

If you ever need any more help just IM me!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks cost at that price is not to bad i just want it to look wright .Even if it was twice the price i would pay it to make them look wright i just need some thing that looks right

·
Registered
436 Posts
With the current demand for 'different' items it's a shame one of the manufacturers don't do an rtr range. I'm sure they'd take off then. Peco would be the most logical as they have the track. Hornby would probably baulk at making a range that sent customers to another brand of track.

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There isnt a big enough following yet for narrow gauge to make it worth while for companys yet - Although there is some ready to run out there but i Prefer to build them myself - gives me great satisfaction.!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
QUOTE ("Madkitten")

Snailbeach!

Here are a couple of my (terrible) attempts. I still got to finish that Baldwin...

_______

And in about 6 months (Perhaps) i'll have my own replica Snailbeach wagons to pull around at my hearts content.

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks fine so far - give it a coat of Halfords car primer grey spray!! then spray with which ever colour you want to use !! If you want any help Instant Message me and I will help with anything you need help with.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts