Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pictures of preserved steam and others, NSW Rail Transport muesum at Thrilmere, used at the recent Steamfest event at Maitland in the Hunter Valley, NSW.

Enjoy

Ozzie21

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Enjoy
Yes, thank you.

The tank engine 3112 looks very British. Is it?

David

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David, Well they were built by Beyer Peacock as the "S" class suburban tanks so you could say that they are British. NSWGRs CME 's all came from the UK and most of the early locos have a UK look or feel about them. Have look at the NSW Rail Transport muesum website http://www.nswrtm.org/

Ozzie21

QUOTE (dwb @ 18 Jun 2007, 00:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, thank you.

The tank engine 3112 looks very British. Is it?

David

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neil, yes it's a annual event usually around easter although it does change dates depending on availability of Maitland station and support groups.

Ozzie21

QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 18 Jun 2007, 08:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice Ozzie.
Thanks for showing us some pictures.

Is that an annual thing?
If so I wouldn't mind trying to get up there for that.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Lokks like a great day out, but a question, what is the black 2-8-0 in the fourth picture? It looks remarkably like an ex GC ROD or a derivative of same.

Regards

John

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John, it's a class 35 4-6-0. The were originally built as the NN class by Beyer Peacock but were rebuilt by the railway workshops in 1917 into an NNs, superheater added, and were reclassified as the 35 class in 1924 renumbering.

have look here http://www.nswrtm.org/exhibits/index.html

Ozzie21

QUOTE (BRITHO @ 18 Jun 2007, 22:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lokks like a great day out, but a question, what is the black 2-8-0 in the fourth picture? It looks remarkably like an ex GC ROD or a derivative of same.

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Thanks for that Ozzie, counting is obviously not my strong point! The museum site is fascinating and I will make an effort to look in more detail when I have time.

Regards

John

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just found this thread. Great to see 3801 in Steam again - I thought that there had been wrangles over letting it run on the mainline - something to do with ownership?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts