Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am not sure if this is the right forum so i hope so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would you be kind and sign up to the 10 Downing street petition to release goverment funds to help rebuild this once important railway that was more photographed than any other in GB please.

all it takes is to sign up with your name and email. So far 157 people (as i type this) have signed up. We need at least 250 for the goverment to take notice.

a BIG thank you for those that do !

click link or copy and paste please

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/somersetdorset/

·
Registered
763 Posts
Daft question but do you think given their reluctance to spend on what is currently open in England you stand a cat in hells chance of them paying to reopen the S&D? Maybe the HLF might be more sympathetic, especially if you could convince them it would benefit the olympic bid.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (spongebob @ 14 May 2007, 19:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Daft question but do you think given their reluctance to spend on what is currently open in England you stand a cat in hells chance of them paying to reopen the S&D? Maybe the HLF might be more sympathetic, especially if you could convince them it would benefit the olympic bid.

no harm in trying is there.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (KODIAK BEAR @ 14 May 2007, 22:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no harm in trying is there.

I agree - recently there was a petition to keep the funding for the Red Arrows (yes, I know more appealing to the general public than a railway) & that worked.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (KODIAK BEAR @ 14 May 2007, 22:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no harm in trying is there.

Agreed...............but..I was reading the S&D now and then by Mac Hawkins over the weekend, I think there would be a hell of a lot of problems removing housing estates etc to allow the original alignment to be used. And don't forget many of the cuttings have been backfilled, bridges removed, tunnels blocked etc. etc.

Regards

John

·
Registered
763 Posts
Agreed there is no harm in trying. Look at the work going on in Scotland and you'll see they aren't letting a small thing like new housing get in the way of the Waverley line work that's going on.
Now maybe if you were in Scotland.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts