Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was looking on the internet for sounds for British locomotives, now I've finded a little movie from a sound decoder in a Bachmann Freightliner Class 66, sound great!
But do you need a nother decoder to drive digital? Or is a sound decoder the same as a digital decoder, only with sound?
And is it possible to drive with a digital sound train on a anolouges system?
And how much volt das the locomotive need to drive on a digital system, cause I've got a roco LokMause, and it sent 15 Volt to the tracks. (Yes, it works with numbers
)

Big chance I'm buying a Bachmann Class 66 with sound.

Thanks!

Kind regarts,

Ryan

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
14 volts for H/O DCC is spot - on 15 volts no problem. Amps is another key factor, the more loco's particularly sound loco's the more amps you will consume.
Most sound decoders are sound and drive/function decoders. Certainly the ones from ESU are. Soundtraxx has a range of sound only decoders. Your DCC sounds will not work on analogue unless it specificly says so IE like Broadway or similar American stock. Normally on these models there's a switch to change from analouge to Digital.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
The transformator I've got say's:

PRI 230V~ 50-60HZ IP40
SEC 15V~ 2,67A 40VA ta 40Celsius.

So, 2,67 are the Amps then?
How many loco's with sound could I place on a track system with this transformator? (Don't know how much Amps I'll need for a loco with sound?

Does anybody know the Bachmann Class 60 in EWS livery is fitted with an ESU sound decoder? (Cat no. 32-725DS)

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
334 Posts
QUOTE (Ryan @ 10 Aug 2006, 10:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello,

I was looking on the internet for sounds for British locomotives, now I've finded a little movie from a sound decoder in a Bachmann Freightliner Class 66, sound great!
But do you need a nother decoder to drive digital? Or is a sound decoder the same as a digital decoder, only with sound?
And is it possible to drive with a digital sound train on a anolouges system?
And how much volt das the locomotive need to drive on a digital system, cause I've got a roco LokMause, and it sent 15 Volt to the tracks. (Yes, it works with numbers
)

Big chance I'm buying a Bachmann Class 66 with sound.

Thanks!

Kind regarts,

Ryan

I cant say i have tried my sound equiped locos on a dc system, but i believe they will move with no sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.